cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run one or two phones.

flipgateau1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the basic plan.  I have an old phone with a standard sim which is not working well.  Now I have a new phone with a new 3 punch sim which I need to install.  I do not want to be charged for two phones unless that is covered under the standard plan.  How should I proceed?  Do I need to take out the old sim?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

5 REPLIES 5

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just take the Public Mobile SIM Card out of your current device and put it into your new one, your plan will pick up right where you left off, it won't affect your bill at all, and you won't even have to notify Public Mobile of the change. 🙂 

If you SIM Card is currently to big and doesn't fit into your new phone, pop it out or into the correct SIM Size so that it does fit properly.

20230823_232319.jpg

@Handy1, feel free to use this updated Picture if you'd like. 😁

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@flipgateau1 

the physicals sim usually doesn't fail. Just take sim outta old phone and install in new.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@flipgateau1 

All your account information is in the SIM card and you can’t have several account (charges) on one SIM.

So just pop out the SIM and pop it into your new phone. You might have to remove the spacer if it is too large.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @flipgateau1 

no 2 phone charges.  But you don't use your new 3 punch sim card

you should take the sim out from your old phone, put it in the new phone and that is it
if the old sim card is too big, check the sim, you should be able to pop out the frame and make it smaller

just in case the old sim cannot make it smaller, then you use the new sim card.  Login to My Account, Profile page, check the pencil beside the sim card and you can update the sim number to the new one. Then you put the new sim in your new phone  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@flipgateau1  You can use your old SIM card just punch out the outer edge to Nano sim size and put  in new phone 

3 hole punch /desired size

Handy1_0-1692892205779.jpeg

Note flat edge corner / fit flush in tray

No lifting or rising /push in all the way

adding but if you want to use the new SIM card  you just have to go to your account profile page and SIM card swap the number like this @flipgateau1 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1692892363289.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Need Help? Let's chat.