cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move my billing date?

mb0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Normally I get billed at the end of the month, and because my payment didn't go through this time since I needed to update my new card #, I'm wondering if I can take advantage of this: if I resume service today, the 1st of the month, will this be my new billing date? If not, would it possible? I'm hoping it is since prefer paying on the 1st than on the last of the month. Thankies!

8 REPLIES 8

@AE_Collector 

Great catch!!! 

I will edit - thank you.

@HALIMACS wrote:

March 31

April 30

June 30

July 30

August 29

September 28

October 28

November 27

December 27

@HALIMACS 

Is that a prediction for this upcoming May? A free month for everyone? YES!

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

As others have stated you can't create a "fixed payment date" as it is only 30-day plans.  What you could do though, is make your payment now to re-activate your phone.  You would need to make an additional payment before the 1st of April, and then you would be able to add funds to your account on the first of every month.  Yes, it will cost you an extra payment upfront but then you can create a "schedule" that works for you.

Edited to Add: I should explain that this extra payment would sit in available funds until your renewal date.  This is what would create the ability to pay on the 1st of each month as those payments would sit in available funds as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's potential workaround, @mb0 , albeit impractical and requires annual 'maintenance', so to speak:

If you wait until March 5th to renew, your future plan renewals will occur (for the next dozen or so cycles) within the first 5 days of each subsequent month.   Thing is, by around this time next year, as @Anonymous provides, it will creep back to the last day of the month.

So if it's really important that you pay in the beginning of the month, you would have to plan to let your plan go into suspended status about once annually, then manually renew it again about 5 days into the following month.

Realize this is a very impractical workaround - but it is possible.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mb0 

You asked,  "if I resume service today, the 1st of the month, will this be my new billing date? If not, would it possible? I'm hoping it is since prefer paying on the 1st than on the last of the month."

If you are asking can the billing date be fixed to be the 1st day of the month, regrettably the answer is no, because of the 30-day (not calendar month) cycles. 

If you renew today, March 1st, your future renewal dates will be:

March 31

April 30

May 30

June 29

July 29

August 28

September 27

October 27

November 26

December 26

{ EDITED to include May - thanks @AE_Collector }

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mb0 wrote:

Normally I get billed at the end of the month, and because my payment didn't go through this time since I needed to update my new card #, I'm wondering if I can take advantage of this: if I resume service today, the 1st of the month, will this be my new billing date? If not, would it possible? I'm hoping it is since prefer paying on the 1st than on the last of the month. Thankies!

@mb0 , Yes, if you resume today, it will be prepaid 30 days starting today, March 1st.

But, then your plan will be due 30 days after today...March 31st, and then the next 30 days after that, and so on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mb0 : This place is 30 days...not monthly. The term will float it's way up in the month.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mb0 wrote:

At Public Mobile, the current plans are all on 30 day cycles not monthly so the renewal date may be different each month.

Need Help? Let's chat.