cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my number while my account is inactivated?

seonhaeahn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm planning be out of country for about 3 to 4 months and was wondering if it would be possible to keep my number while I put my account as inactivated. 

Or is putting my account on the cheapest plan my best bet for keeping my number? 

Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@seonhaeahn 

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

*i suggest you keep your plan with $15 plus tax better to you not losing phone number..

@seonhaeahn 

As mentioned by @Anonymous  depending on the timing of your renewal you may be able to just suspend and reactivate when you get back. Be sure that you are not on a promotion w/bonus data that you could lose or a grandfathered plan that cannot be re covered if you schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $15 plan.

You can cancel this plan change if you come home before you need to reactivate the account and continue on your current plan. But if you stay away longer then only paying $15 for 30 days to maintain your account and be able to suspend for a further 90 days is more economical.

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator/CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@seonhaeahn   If you are certain that you will be away for over 90 days and don't want to go through the payment every 85 days, cos to be honest, if you miss it.. or if there is payment issue and unable to complete the transaction before the 90th day mark, you will lost the number, there is another way

You can try to port your number to some VoIP service.  One way is to port out to Fongo for $25.  There is no porting out charge if you the number has been with Fongo for over 3 months.  Good thing for this is that once it is ported out, you don't have to do anything until you decide to port it back to a proper provider.  But keep in mind, even you decide to port it back into PM, you will have to activate with a new account with a new SIM (usually $10) and you will lost all your loyalty reward you have today.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@seonhaeahn  yes, you can keep your account suspeneded for at most 90 days or you will lost your number

or you can lower your plan to $15 first, then suspend the plan.. and reactivate for a month for the $15 plan at around 85th day.. then 30 days later, suspend for another 85 days.. keep doing it that way

Anonymous
Not applicable

@seonhaeahn : Depending on your timing from your last payment, you can go ~120 days until your account deactivates. So put something in your calendar at around day 115 to pay up and renew.

Edit: But it's really 90 days of suspension.

Need Help? Let's chat.