cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get compensated for lost days of service?

ALLANMENDOZA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As I signed up at “The Mobile Shop” the worker set up my account and put a wrong number in the phone number field. Leaving me with someone else phone number. I was getting random text from people thinking I was someone else. When really I was connected to someone elses phone number at the same time they were. 
My real phone number was still with Telus and hadn’t transitioned over to public mobile because of error from the worker. I was left with the public mobile SIM card with the wrong number for 4 days with no sympathy of me losing out on important business calls or time wasted trying to correct someones error.

6 REPLIES 6

They would sell top up vouchers as well? That also gives them the option to comp a small top up to add to the account which wouldn’t cost them the full face value.

AE_Collector

@ALLANMENDOZA 

As previously mentioned the error occurred because of the employee of the mobile shop. You would need to seek redress from them. It would not be unreasonable to ask for them to comp your sim card as they regularily "price match" a free sim card offer from other retailers such as Wal-Mart or London drugs. Call the manager and explain your issue and ask for a refund on the sim card.

ALLANMENDOZA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you

Simply keeping the Telus SIM card in your phone would have kept you in business as you had been up until you started the process of porting your Telus number to Public Mobile. Even when things go properly with porting a number over you would normally use your old SIM/Provider until it quits working which means the number has been released and moved to Public Mobile. The Mobile Shop made the error so might be able to give you something for the error but only way to find out is to ask them.

The argument of missing important business calls usually comes with some warnings here. Depending just how important your service is to you for business use...Public Mobile has no phone support, you rely on us fellow customers in the community and moderators via messaging. Problems can take a bit longer to rectify here which is part of the experience of a lower cell plan cost. You need to keep this in mind.

JMHO AE_Collector

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ALLANMENDOZA 

As mentioned above, you can contact moderator.  

However, it was the Mobile shop employee that made the mistake.  Mobile shop employee does not work for Public mobile directly.  You might want to visit the Mobile shop to see what they can do for you also.  If the PM moderator is "nice", they can help also.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ALLANMENDOZA contact customer support mods here

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "port request"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.