cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my number back to the old number?

Safana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally changed my number, and I want to change it back.

5 REPLIES 5

@Safana   Whether you see an envelope or not depends on the device.  I never see one.  To access your private messages tap on your avatar to the right of the bell icon instead, and select Messages.  There will be a red indicator at the Messages to show there is a message waiting.  You won't see that unless you tap your avatar first.

@Safana wrote:

I made a ticket. Thank you so much but I don’t have an envelope icon. I just have a bell, so I don’t know if the reply will come to the bell? And then also I made four tickets and I haven’t heard back yet.

@Safana 

It will take a few hours for response.  check your private message inbox for response. (envelop icon on upper right corner of website).  

If the number was initially Bell number, you actually might need to contact Bell instead.  But see what PM customer service agent says first. 

Safana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made a ticket. Thank you so much but I don’t have an envelope icon. I just have a bell, so I don’t know if the reply will come to the bell? And then also I made four tickets and I haven’t heard back yet.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Safana 

Once you change your number. Your old number will be returned to the carrier you got the number from then it will be put on hold from 90 days. After the 90 days then it will be open for grabs for anyone.

So slim to none to get it back.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Safana 

there is a slim chance you can if the number was changed not long ago.  But if the number was ported into Public Mobile from another provider, it might be trickier as the number could have gone back to the old provider.  Either way, you have to check with PM support and they have to check.   Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there  

Need Help? Let's chat.