cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not going through sometimes

msteph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,  I'm wondering if others have this problem. We have 4 accounts with Public Mobile and very often when I call my daughter the call will not go through on the first try. Then I have to dial again and it goes through. Wondering what the issue might be.

6 REPLIES 6

msteph

I haven't ported my number, but will try refreshing

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@msteph wrote:

Hi All,  I'm wondering if others have this problem. We have 4 accounts with Public Mobile and very often when I call my daughter the call will not go through on the first try. Then I have to dial again and it goes through. Wondering what the issue might be.

Years ago I experienced this issue occasionally, and my theory at the time was due to the lack of VoLTE: Most of the time the phone would be registered to the LTE network for data, SMS, MMS, but to make or receive a call, the phone would have to quickly switch back to the 3G HSPA/WCDMA network for the duration of the call. I though it was possible that if that transition didn't complete quick enough, or there wasn't enough capacity or coverage available on the 3G network at that moment, the call would fail.

The workaround at the time was to force the phone to stay on the 3G network all the time, and disable the LTE network option. Even though Public Mobile introduced support for VoLTE in early 2023, there are still many models of phones that are not compatible with it and continue to switch to the 3G network for calls. Maybe your daughter has a phone where this happens, and if so you could see if the phone has an option to force 3G / disable LTE as a troubleshooting option.

Prabagar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @msteph 

Did you recently port the number or was it always the case? 
I have recently ported my number to PM and had a similar issue there was just one particular number that if it tried calling me for some reason it would not go through.

i had reached out to customer support and they told me they did some refresh and to turn off again and try after 10 minutes, and it was all good for me, suggest you reach out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hmm. Did you port her number or just subscribe a new account for her? 

msteph

It's really weird because it only happens with my daughter's number and it's with everyone who calls her

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I have heard of this a few times. Not sure what causes that. Sorry to hear that. I could only suggest restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.