cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls in Canada

Onthego-CAN2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

1) The $10 plan includes calls all cities in Canada?

2) Is this a monthly fee whether I make calls or not?

3) Would I get instructions on how to activate my own phone? Thanks, Carolina

8 REPLIES 8

Onthego-CAN2018

No mobile plan. I would need this service for emergencies only: when my taxi service is too late. Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Onthego-CAN2018 out of curiosity, whom are you with currently, and what kind of a plan are you on?  I guess it must be one of those $100 a year plans or something?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Onthego-CAN2018 wrote:

Thanks! I don't think this is good for me, since I probably will not need to make more than one call per month.

Good day!

If you don't need data have a look at https://www.speakout7eleven.ca; $35 to get started, $25/year to maintain your account.

OR, if you are content to search for free wifi when out & about, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Onthego-CAN2018

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Good day!

Onthego-CAN2018

Thanks! I don't think this is good for me, since I probably will not need to make more than one call per month.

Good day!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Onthego-CAN2018 wrote:

Hello!

1) The $10 plan includes calls all cities in Canada?

2) Is this a monthly fee whether I make calls or not?

3) Would I get instructions on how to activate my own phone? Thanks, Carolina

Not much to add to  the answers already provided but yes it is $10 whether you use it or not but if you sign up for autopay (automatically bills your credit card every 30 days) you can save an additional $2 so it is $8 every 30 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Onthego-CAN2018, as suggested, it would be easiest to go to a retail partner and get the activation done there.  If you want to try your hand at self serve, this link provides an overview of the steps to getting the service up and running.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

This link provide a little more detail of the overview steps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Started-With-Public-Mobile/...

If you do decide to give it a go yourself which is a good learning experience, feel free to ask further questions.  The community is very helpful. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi yes it is Canada wide and it is $10/ 30 wether you use it or not.

If you have a Walmart near you I would go there and ask them to buy and activate the sim for you.  Else you can do it your self by buying a sim card (order online  or go to wow mibile or walmart kmobile) and  then activating through the self serve portal.

Need Help? Let's chat.