cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping/not recieving

Miya-Krishnan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had an issue where any calls I try to make either take a few minutes to be placed, or don't get placed at all.

My family and friends have reported trying to call me and they go straight to my voicemail, even though I don't see any missed calls, nor does my phone even ring. This doesn't happen all the time, but only sometimes - no pattern as to when it does/doesn't work.

What could be the issue? The phone is fairly new (purchased last year - One Plus 8T)

5 REPLIES 5

JacobGoossen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem for a number of months with my phone.  I eventually figured out that my house had a dead service spot.  I would still have 2 or 3 bars of service on my phone, but calls would cut out or drop, and texts would either not send to send twice.  I would say get on a phone call and then wander around your house (especially basement if you have one), and see if it cuts out at all.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Miya-Krishnan 

do you have this problem everywhere ?

you can try to change your network type to 3G ONLY and maybe it helps for voice. You can test that for couple days

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try your SIM for a while in your old phone to rule out your phone as the issue.

You could also set your phone to 3G instead of LTE since calls are always routed to 3G and your phone must transition to connect.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Could be related to where you're located. Perhaps a local outage or degraded signal. Which are are you in ? How long has this been happening ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Miya-Krishnan , are you in an area with generally low signal strength?  If your connectivity is iffy, I can see this happening.  

Need Help? Let's chat.