cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls cut off after 3 minutes

roundisland44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in the US with roaming plan. Didn’t work for a day and was fixed but now it’s disconnecting after 3 minutes. This is discouraging and not acceptable. 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@roundisland44 

Did you have a 15 day US Roaming add on  bundle that stopped working on day 10? Did customer support "fix" it by giving you a new 15 day US Roaming add on bundle? If they did not remove the original bundle then as mentioned by @dust2dust you have two US Roaming add ons with a talk feature that causes a glitch with voice calls dropping at the 2 to 3 minute mark after hearing 3 beeps. You will need to contact customer support to remove the original bundle and/or remove the current one if that is all that remains on your self serve account and add it back again.

If it's been less than 48 hours from your last reply to customer support and you have not recieved a message from them saying they have closed your ticket you can just reply to their last message and make your request for them to fix this problem.

@roundisland44   can you login to My Account using Incognito mode and check how many roaming add-on you got?

likely you got 2 roaming addon and they both have Talk components at the same time.  For example, a Talk+Text Roaming then another Bundle roaming with Talk+Text+Data.     If so, that is something you need Pm support to fix  by removing one of them

For now, if you have Wifi or Data roaming, you can download a VoiP app like TextNow and make the calls using the app 

To open ticket with PM support:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

roundisland44

Fixed by PM support. Yes bought another talk bundle. Need support, what do you suggest?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@roundisland44 

How many bars are showing on your phone when you connect to T-Mobile network?

It could be because of the 2G frequency.

roundisland44

Yes always disconnects after 3 mins. Yes tried different areas.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@roundisland44   does it always disconnect after 3 mins?  you tried the calls at different area?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

"was fixed"? How? By you? Did you buy another talk bundle? This sounds like the doubled-up talk problem. You will need support to straighten it out. There are other adventures to come. Lets get you through this one first.

Need Help? Let's chat.