cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls are low quality only when calling rogers or Fido customers.

Georgeleg04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For some reason, calls have a ton of static and background noise when calling Rogers numbers but when I call any other provider it's clear (Koodo, Telus, Bell, freedom). I tried my sim in 2 different iPhone 7's and it's still the same.

5 REPLIES 5

Georgeleg04

It's a lot worse for me. It cuts out a lot of the time

raza416
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I've actually noticed this as well, when I call anyone on Rogers(chat-r) & Fido the call quality is noticeably reduced compared to any other service provider. I had the same issue when I was on Freedom, everyone other than the two mentioned above were fine. We could talk fine but it just sounded more staticky.

Georgeleg04

I can guarantee the Rogers phone has an LTE signal and a stronger 3g signal and so do I.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have not experienced this and I call several family members on their Rogers phone daily.

It sounds like an odd problem.  If it persists, you may seek technical support by getting in touch with the mods.  But its also possible that the person you are calling may be connected to Rogers' 2G netwrok sometimes or is in a low signal area.  It wouldn't hurt to ask the other person to verify that his/her phone isn't the problem. Check if others also complain about poor call quality to her/him.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Georgeleg04, could the static be coming from the Rogers end then?  Two phones and that is the only network it happens with, I don't think it would be an issue on the PM end.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.