cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Not Ringing Phone After Port In

Julia2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

My phone number was succesfully ported in when I opened my account on 02/01/2024 for the $24 per month, 4GB plan. Everything is working well and no issues with signal. Only problem is I noticed that when I call myself using my home phone or work cell phone to test. All the calls went straight to my Lucky Mobile voice mail each time I call mysefl to test so all the calls going in, there is no ringing. It just goes straight to voicemail so I have not been receiving any phone calls or ringing at all. How can I get this issue fixed? So anyone that calls me will only get to leave voicemail or text me only. This is bad and I never had this issue before as my phone is full of battery and not off. I ported my phone number in Toronto from Lucky Mobile to Public Mobile. It was quick and completed within 5 minutes. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Ron69  I'm not quite sure I understand your new problem, if you mean you can't get the 2FA code by text to log in then tap/click didn't get the code a few times to see if it will send by email. Once you are logged in then go to the Eversafe Profile and check what phone number is there.  If that doesn't help then contact customer service, use the chat message icon bottom right of this page to open a ticket. If that gives an error then send a private message to support using this link and an agent will reply at rhe envelope icon top right of this page or tap your avatar for Messages

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Ron69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So now i tried to change my password by text to see what would happen and it says enter valid number registered to your account so they dont even have my right number to send verifying text to log in. How to fix that?

HI @Ron69 

sent.  Please check your community inox.

Ron69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Phil can you send me that number also please? My wifes phone does same thing,  just goes straight to voicemail and she cant phone out. Just ported yesterday from bell

Julia2023

Hi Jennifer, I just spoke with the port in team. I will share with you the phone number to call them by private message that Phil shared with me. They checked and said my port is not fully complete so that's why I have that issue where no phone calls are coming in but I can make out going calls no issues. The asked for the account number from Lucky Mobile and will text me in 30 mins to 2 hrs to confirm that the port in is fully completed. I did not even notice that there was an issue until a few days ago when I called myself to test using my home and work mobile phone 🙂

Jennifer1710

Hi Phil, I’m having a similar problem. Could you please send me the phone number you have so I can get my phone fixed up? Thanks, I really appreciate it. 

@Julia2023   Hopefully the porting team will get it fixed for you.  It's typical when something goes wrong during porting that you can call out but not receive incoming calls.  If you ultimately need to contact Public Mobile general customer support then send them a private message using this link and an agent will reply at the community inbox where I sent the porting team number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Julia2023

Hi, I did keept the sim, accepted the text to port and then I completed the sign up process with Public. So right now Public is working but no phone calls is coming in (no ringing). It goes straight to voicemail. But I can make out going calls no issues and I do have Public signal. The Lucky mobile account is not longer active & working. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Julia2023   Did you keep the Lucky sim in the phone to answer their text asking for port authorization?  If not that's probably the problem.  Regardless you can call the porting team, I will send you the phone number by private message.  Check in a few minutes at your inbox (envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope)

Need Help? Let's chat.