cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Going To Voice Mail

Brent01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just had a call go directly to voice mail. I immediately called my own phone from a land line and it rang through fine. Wondering if this can happen if service capacity peaks or if there is a code a caller can use to go directly to VM. 

Thanks Everyone. 

9 REPLIES 9

Brent01

Yeah, even though I’m in downtown Vancouver where the cell signal is generally fantastic, where I live and where this happened I usually only get 1 to 2 bars for some reason even though I’m on a top floor. Perhaps I’m directly between towers.  So conceivably I could loose service. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it happens to me from time to time. I think it is just the lost of cell signal.

Calls going to directly to voicemail is probably more common than most of us would like to believe - on all carriers.  But really, most of the time, you wouldn't even know that this has happened unless someone leaves you a message or if the person calling you tells you.  This type of thing can be caused by network capacity issues, loss of signal, phone being turned off, bug in your phone's software, or for any number of reasons beyond your control.  I believe any incoming calls would also go directly to voicemail if you already connected to 2 active calls through the use of call waiting.  Unless this is a regular occurance, I wouldn't worry about it. 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Could be that you temporarily lost service at the moment they called. I have this happen, often when I leave a concrete high raise or underground parking. You can always check the time stamp of the voice message to see when they actually called vs when you got the notification. 

Brent01

Yeah, maybe it's a one off. 

ericwins

This has happened to me one time the second day after activating and I noticed that I only had 1 bar out of 4 for signal strength. I took my SIM out and put it back in, restarted my phone and it hasn't happened again.

Brent01

Thanks folks but no I checked all that and remember I tested my phone (and made sure it was in the same state -locked) right after. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brent01 Are you using iPhone? Maybe Do Not Disturb. When your iPhone is locked (the screen is off), Do Not Disturb silences all incoming calls, text message notifications, and alerts on your iPhone. Unlike silent mode, Do Not Disturb sends incoming calls straight to voicemail. You can take a look at this website for more info & how to fix that https://www.payetteforward.com/why-does-my-iphone-go-straight-to-voicemail-heres-the-fix/

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Check your phone in case that number has been blocked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.