cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Voice Mail

PaulKozak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Just switched to PM and wanted to set up voice mail. With my old company I pressed and held "1" on my keypad and it went to my voicemail. Now it is asking me to set it up by entering a voicemail phone number. What is the voicemail phone number for Public Mobile?

35 REPLIES 35

@PaulKozak 

You have to add (+) in front of the (1) of the voicemail number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulKozak wrote:

Would this delete anything or would I lose data?

@PaulKozak 

you will do backup everything in your device and Factory Reset,

How to back up the data stored in your phone,

How to Backup,

how to BackUp Data

@PaulKozak wrote:

Yes , a hard reset means delete everything from the phone and starts new.

but you might be able to restart from backup .  However, i suggest you not to restore backup yet.. just test out the voicemail first.. try could reboot to see if it pushes down the voicemail to 1

PaulKozak

Yes, I see this as a workaround, but it would be great if I could fix the original problem. 

PaulKozak

PaulKozak

No, it is still not working.

@PaulKozak   would you be willing to reset the phone once  (reset to factory default) and see if you can setup the voicemail?

Another workaround is to setup a quick dial on another key like 2 instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulKozak wrote:

I have done this and it did not solve the problem.

@PaulKozak 

my advice to you backup and Factory Reset,

How to Hard Reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : You asked what issue is he facing. If you had read the thread you would have seen that him pressing and holding the 1 key isn't getting to the voicemail system. I had given him almost identical instructions albeit without the pretty pictures.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PaulKozak 

Assuming you just changed the voicemail hotkey to dial your own number and then you set up your voicemail, is everything working okay for you now? Please confirm when you have a chance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

really? i do .. but the OP miss something i didn't found what is it.

PaulKozak

I have done this and it did not solve the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Um...have you read the thread?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulKozak wrote:

And it is an Asus Zenphone.

@PaulKozak 

How to Access voicemail - Asus ZenFone Device Guides

so what the issue you facing!

PaulKozak

This did not solve the problem.

PaulKozak

And it is an Asus Zenphone.

PaulKozak

It is my phone telling me this and I have already entered the number but it is not dialing the new number I entered when I press and hold one.

The initial set up has been done - password made, voicemail recorded, name recorded, etc.

@PaulKozak 

dial ##004# then ##21# to reset your call forwarding. then try dialing '1' again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulKozak 

also try to call your number from your device,

and do Rebooting your phone..

0PX9O4

You do have to go through the setup procedure for voicemail anyway, since this will be your first time using your new voicemail box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulKozak : Is your phone telling you this? Or a recording saying this? If the recording then that's the initial set up you need to do.

On my Samsung A31 running A11 - in dialer, 3 dots menu, Settings, Voicemail, Voicemail number. Set that to one of those like +17785804001. Then when you press and hold the one it should get to your voicemail. But you still need to do initial set up.

PaulKozak

Yes, I tried putting 1 in front of it.

Yes, when I call my number I can access the voicemail without issue.

pkaraa

Then try setting up your own number as voicemail number or lets say #2 on speeddial then next time you need to check voicemail press and hold "2" instead and voila...

@PaulKozak   iPhone or Android?

you tried putting a 1 in front of it?

and when you call your number, you can access the voicemail without issue?

PaulKozak

I chose a number off the list, but my phone is still asking me to set up my voice mail when I push and hold 1 on my key pad. Right now the only way to access my voice mail is to call my own number.

PaulKozak

Right now the only way to access my voice mail is by dialing my own number. I have an android.

PaulKozak

I tried to set it up manually and entered the number in your list, but it is still asking if I want to 'set up' my voice mail. 

0PX9O4

I agree with @softech , setting up the voicemail access number manually (as your own phone number) shouldn't be complicated to achieve in any case.

SIM provisioning means they have properly setup the SIM in the system. , tie with your account

Yes, usually the voicemail number will get pushed down onto your phone.  You can reboot your phone once or twice to see if it comes down.  If not , just manually set it up

0PX9O4

The SIM card can be "updated" remotely from the Telus/Public Mobile servers, to include your new phone number on it.

Need Help? Let's chat.