cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling LD to US using one-time Int'l LD bonus

mrtonedogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone.

I received my Int'l LD Bonus (500 mins) and tried calling my friends' US cell number, but could not get through.

I do the following... from my cell I dial:  011 - 1 - xxx (area code) - xxx-xxxx (number)

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Your regular plan or Canada wide add-on minutes cannot be used to make any calls to the US so not sure exactly what information you are seeing. 

PM has terrible caching issues with the self serve site, so try using another browser or incognito/private mode to view your usage.

mrtonedogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your replies.

I tried dialing without any LD codes. I do this: 1-xxx-xxxx. I got connected, but I noticed that my REGULAR airtime minutes (100 mins/month) gets deducted as well as my Int'l LD Bonus minutes.

Is this because when calling to the US, which technically is an international call, and you don't dial the LD code 011, the PM system reads it as a local/domestic call. Thus, charge the call against the REGULAR airtime mins...?

It this were the case, then that would render the Int'l LD Bonus ineffective for calling long distance to the US...

thank you.

@dust2dust wrote:

No need for the 011 when calling the US.

There's also no need to dial +1, or 1 either as the U.S. country code is the same as Canada's, although not dialing the 1 would cause a delay of a few seconds before the call gets connected.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No need for the 011 when calling the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.