cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling In + Out.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have a Friend Referral from this morning whome was unable to use their iPhone 6 due to it being provider locked, since this was someone doing their own Activation I explained they just need to call the provider they purchased the iPhone 6 from to unlock it and it will be usable. 

He didn't have time, and instead is not using a Blackberry phone for just basic calls + Texts since this is only a phone for emergencies and doesn't need to be anything fancy like the iPhone 6, however the Blackberry is unable to receive or make calls out.. only texting is working on the $15 Plan he selected. 

Is there any APN settings someone could share that I can forward his way to make the blackberry more usable?

8 REPLIES 8

Priority

Latest Reply from my Referral: 

Hey bud, just wanted to let you know that for some reason the voice call worked a few hours later after we last chatted

Thank you everyone for your help. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Lots of Blackberry's can work here. According to this list from gsmarena anyway. Only looking for 3G for talk.
https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sMakers=36&s3G5s=HSDPA850,HSDPA1900

That list could have slight model variations that might not have those frequencies. But one of the models would work.

Adding - pre-OS10
Bold 9000, 9700, 9780, 9790
Bold Touch 9900
Torch 9800, 9810, 9860
Pearl 3G 9100
Curve 3G 9300
Porsche Design P'9981
Playbook 2012

Pretty much all of the OS10 and Androids. I suppose there could be some that won't work. But made for the Canadian market and not just Rogers family should.

Adding more - OS10 - Not Z3, 9982
Android - Not Evolve versions

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Priority my brother from another Manitoba Mother!!!

First I'd like to start by saying that having/using the iPhone 6 is not recommended. The fact that it no longer receives security updates is a major concern. Plus usage of the PM app may be restricted at some point. I'd seriously suggest he upgrade his phone to a much higher model with security updates that are good for at least 5 more years.

I don't think Blackberries work very well on PM though. He may be very disappointed. Hate to say it bro, time to upgrade. 

Priority

@hTideGnow I've just asked him for the Blackberry Model Number, waiting for a reply. 

@Yummy he selected a brand new number when Activating.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did he transfer old number to PM?

Unless BB is very, very old calls should work if SIM is properly activated.

To unlock iPhone he has to contact previous provider for unlock code.

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Rogers BB? Power On Rogers Splash?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Priority 

But calls does not need APN

maybe the BB does not have the compatible 3G bands? what BB is that?

Need Help? Let's chat.