cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callers going directly to Voicemail

sbabcock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Over the past 2-3 weeks, I've had calls go directly to my voicemail even though I was right by the phone waiting for the call.  Other calls would come in without a problem.

The people calling in are not on any block list or anything like that.

I don't think there's been any significant update to my BB phone - I'm on Android 8.1

8 REPLIES 8

@Yummy 

Your phone's call forwarding options default to voicemail for many conditions. More importantly if and when a customer experiences this specific issue with local tower upgrades why would you not want to know the calls you have missed? The important ones will leave a message. By "disabling" voicemail you will either leave the caller with no messaging options, an ever ringing phone or the impression that the phone number does not work or you can program it to send to one of many options @Nezgar 's has supplied for us.....like Lenny who I have been having fun with lately.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sbabcock wrote:

Over the past 2-3 weeks, I've had calls go directly to my voicemail even though I was right by the phone waiting for the call.  Other calls would come in without a problem.

The people calling in are not on any block list or anything like that.

I don't think there's been any significant update to my BB phone - I'm on Android 8.1

@sbabcock  are you in the London Ontario area?  That is where I have been reading over the last little while experiencing this issue.  As others have stated if you switch to 3G only this will fix this issue for you, but you will not receive the Alert Ready Test on Nov 17 I think it was or any other Emergency notifications.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Reading about all this vmail issues from different customers, why there is no option to NOT to have vmail at all or to be able to turn it on and off?

@HALIMACS  Was quite thorough. Also check every various type of DND your phone has. 

Also could you have been on phone at the time when the voicemail occurred?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sbabcock yes  you can try to set to 3G only first and see if it works.  

if issue persists,  try to reseat the SIM, power down, take SIM out for a minute and put it back and power up.  It happened to me before and I had to reseat it to make it works

@sbabcock 

All three of Canada's mobile providers have been upgrading their equipment on the 4G LTE network. This has caused an issue locally for pm customers when their local towers are being upgraded as it causes a delay in switching from the 4G LTE network to the 3G network that pm uses for voice calls. As a result the phone defaults to its call forwarding options and sends your incoming calling automatically to your voicemail. 

This can be resolved in the meantime (although if it's been a couple of weeks then work in your area is probably close to being finished) by switching to the 3G network only (as previously suggested) until the upgrades are finished. I would suggest testing once every day or so by switching your phone back to the 4G LTE/3G/2G autoconnect setting to see if the issue continues. Once it stops sending incoming calling to voicemail automatically then you should be assured the upgrades are complete.

Keep this in mind if you travel outside of your local area and this issue crops up again you will know how to temporarily fix this problem.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sbabcock 

Check the following:

• is do not disturb on
  • is bluetooth on (i.e. the ringing sound may be going thru a bluetooth device)
  • disable any call-forwarding which may be set (under your call functions)
  • is your notification or ring-volume turned down
  • make SURE the number is not being blocked for some reason

To be sure, try your SIM card in another phone then have someone call you - if it rings through then you'll know for sure it's a setting on the original device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sbabcock 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

or if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.