cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID when I phone someone

SonjaS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I phone someone my number comes up with the name of my town. How can I change this to my name or my business name? Some of my clients don't answer when I call them because they don't know it's me and think it's a scam 

7 REPLIES 7

When you say 3rd party services, 

@SonjaS 

there are many .  Hiya is one that partners with Samsung

TrueCaller is another popular one

and there are more

https://sourceforge.net/software/caller-id/canada/

@SonjaS Create the contact with  your phone number and the Business name on your phone first.

After you created that, click Share on the contact  to send as vCard file (vcf) or Text and send to your friends.  But again, you will have to send to each and everyone of the friend you want them to have the info

SonjaS

Thank you for your reply? When you say 3rd party services, is that like Google My Business etc?

SonjaS

Thank you for your reply! How do I create a contact card?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SonjaS PM does not send any name info for caller ID

PM only sends the number.  People get your Name either because they have your contact setup or some 3rd party caller ID lookup services. 

for saved contacts, of course you have to reach out to each of your friend and also them to update

For those 3rd party services, you have to reach out to them individually and check the process to update it with your business name

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public only sends the phone number - if you allow it to be seen. If you have it hidden then they won't see it. Some providers do some "smart" background work to figure out the caller for their subscribers.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SonjaS 

You could create a contact card and send it to them and ask them to update your contact with it.

That way when you call, it'll display as you have created on the card.

Need Help? Let's chat.