Did you mean: 

Caller ID has someone's else's name

Maryna5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.

Caller ID has someone's else's name on my out going calls. How to fix ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@Maryna5

Wrong Caller ID could be the result of an incomplete number port. If so, it'll sort itself out in a day or two.

It could be the result of wrong information on account. If so, login Self-Serve and change your information (especially if you've unofficially transferred the account from someone else or if someone else's credit card was used). Again, it might take a day or two to update.

If it's still a problem after a few days then request a support ticket from the SIMon chatbot (icon at bottom right corner of this page, probably fastest response) or msg the PM Mods directly (Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team, probably not fastest response because some back-and-forth message tag).

@Maryna5 wrote:

Hi.

Unfotuantely, there isn't anything that Public Mobile could do for you in this type of case. Public Mobile doesn't even sending outgoing name information within an outgoing call.

This is a database infromation error.  The idea of whether or not this phone number came from Rogers was mentioned, and if that's the case, only Rogers could fix that.

There are also internet based servcies that keep track of name information, but they are reliant on users to provide them with the most up-to-date infromation. For example, many Samsung Android-based devices have this built-in using some type of "smart" name database.

@gblackma , there isn't anything that @Maryna5 could do from the the outgoing phone device to fix this. Name information for internet name databases are dependent on the software on the receiving device's side.

Normally PM shows your telephone number on the person's caller ID. Ask whomever the name is showing wrong for. To check and see if the wrong name is next to your number in their contacts list.

@Maryna5 wrote:

when i call to somebody wrong name appearing on receivers display

Maryna5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when i call to somebody wrong name appearing on receivers display

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Is the person in your contact list @Maryna5 ? What's the make and model of your phone? Was this phone used on a Rogers account before being switched to PM? Try manually selecting PM as your network. Swith on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes, take it off and restart your phone.  Thanks.

Welcome to the community.

@Maryna5 wrote:

Hi.

Need Help? Let's chat.