cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

kjohn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I need help regarding call forwarding. I have forwarded calls coming to my public mobile to Fongo. I then left canada and the call forwarding was working well while I'm out of canada. Now, I noticed that the call forwarding is not working and the calls to the public mobile are not forwarded to Fongo, knowing that I have iPhone and I'm still out of canada. Any help or idea to solve this issue?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@kjohndid you confirm your current plan is still active, and there wasn't a billing cycle renewal/payment error? if that happenned, service would be suspended and call forwarding stop working too.

Another workaround while outside of Canada in lieu of getting someone to swap your account to a new SIM card in their possession as previously mentioned to do the forwarding settings, would be to dial into the voicemail access numbers and modify your voicemail greeting to inform any human callers the alternate number to reach you at.

You can do this by dialing any of the local access numbers across Canada, by entering your Public Mobile Phone number, PIN, and then using the appropriate menu options. You could also just use this method to check for any voicemail messages occasionally that might have been left too.

Here is a list of voicemail access numbers you can dial from an alternate service like Fongo Mobile or TextNow:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Here is a map of the voicemail menus to find where to change the Voicemail Announcement:
Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Menu_1_v1_Aug7

Good luck!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you still out of country? Have you used the sim in a phone in the US since? Did you set the call forwarding all option or one of the conditionals?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kjohn   sorry, since the VoLTE enablement, Call Forwarding has been broken  😞

What phone are you using now?  if it is a newer phone than you can use VoLTE, there is a slight chance support can fix the Calling forwarding for you.  But first check if you can use VoLTE.

check if your phone is VoLTE compatible with PM first

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

if so, enable VoLTE on your phone and test it out first

Need Help? Let's chat.