cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

deputyphil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello community.  I currently have the $50/month 8gb unlimited can/usa talk.  My question is as follows:  Can I use call forwarding feature on my iphone to forward incoming calls from my PM phone number to my USA cellular phone number? 

Thx

22 REPLIES 22

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Tilo wrote:

can I buy add on to support call forwarding to US?

There is no way to forward to a US number, even with the $50 plan (I tried) unless you can maybe forward your PM line to another number within Canada that then forwards to the US.

Tilo

hi,

I tried (have unlimited US calling) and got the wired Busy signal.

Where would I find that in the terms and agreement?

can I buy add on to support call forwarding to US?

rfc1739
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there - Solved:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

DO not use *72 it is *21*.  See link.  Thanks all for helping.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rfc1739 are you trying to call forward to another Canadian phone number?  You should be able to.

Are you 100% sure your phone doens't have the call forwarding?  Usually you go into the phone app, then settings (usually from the "..." menu in the app), then Addition Settings or More Settings or something, then Call forwarding.  Samsung UI phone app should have this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rfc1739 wrote:

Hello.  I just signed up with PM and do not have the option to Call Forward from the Phone Settings on my Android Phone (Galaxy S7. Android 8).  

Tried to use *72 and an automated message from PM says:  "You do not have TALK enabled on your plan".  

My plan is the $50/month Talk Unlimited Can/US.  Not sure why I'd have to buy more minutes?  Is there another way to get this to work?  

What happens with other normal calling?

I don't think *72 is right.

Plan features

rfc1739
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.  I just signed up with PM and do not have the option to Call Forward from the Phone Settings on my Android Phone (Galaxy S7. Android 8).  

Tried to use *72 and an automated message from PM says:  "You do not have TALK enabled on your plan".  

My plan is the $50/month Talk Unlimited Can/US.  Not sure why I'd have to buy more minutes?  Is there another way to get this to work?  

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yup - you are!

@RobertQc wrote:

@Neptune3d wrote:

Why not try it?  I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.

@RobertQc wrote:

@deputyphil wrote:

Hello community.  I currently have the $50/month 8gb unlimited can/usa talk.  My question is as follows:  Can I use call forwarding feature on my iphone to forward incoming calls from my PM phone number to my USA cellular phone number? 

Thx

@Someone_here wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem!

@Martin wrote:

If your plan is national, you can forward a number to another one anywhere in Canada.

I don't know anything about call forwarding, but this is a quote from martin

I was thinking north america as nation but after looking into it apparently nationwide is actually just canada so this does not apply. I am retard.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looking through past messages it seems that PM will only allow forwarding to a Canadian number regardless of any roaming/international package you might have.

You might be able to achieve what you want by using Fongo in between: Forward PM to Fongo, forward Fongo to your US number. Have never tried this myself so YMMV.

Source: How to Set Up Call Forwarding (Fongo)

Pretty sure you'll need to have credit on your Fongo account for this.

Please let us know what the mods say though! 🙂

srlawren

@deputyphil wrote:

Yes my USA plan has roaming.  I even call the USA number direct and it works fine.  I have sent a PM to the mods.

@deputyphil you absolutely CANNOT call forward your Public Mobile number to a US phone number, regardless of what plan or add-on(s) you have.  The system will not allow it.  This is why you are getting the results you've observed.

EDIT: what most people do as a workaround is to forward their PM number to a free Fongo.com account and use the Fongo app on their phone to recieve calls over data.  For this to work, you need to either need to have mobile data in the USA (via one of the US Roaming data add-ons, or via a loca USA SIM card on a plan that includes data) or while you're at Wi-Fi hotspots.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Neptune3d wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@deputyphil wrote:

Thx

@Someone_here wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem!

@Martin wrote:

If your plan is national, you can forward a number to another one anywhere in Canada.

I was thinking north america as nation but after looking into it apparently nationwide is actually just canada so this does not apply. I am retard.

Such brutal honesty!  Smiley Tongue

deputyphil

Yes my USA plan has roaming.  I even call the USA number direct and it works fine.  I have sent a PM to the mods.

deputyphil

That is correct.  That is why I posted this question.  I'm trying to call my PM number from a landline and I get a weird busy signal.

popping

@deputyphil wrote:

The reason I ask is that I am trying to test this as I am heading to USA and all I get is a busy signal.  Perhaps PM needs a little time to register the USA number.

Is your US paln cover roaming in Canada?

It may be the reason for the busy signal.

You can call forward to a US hotel number(not the tool free number) to test your plan.

If this does not work, you may send a private message to moderator to get your call to US working before leaving Canada.

@deputyphil wrote:

The reason I ask is that I am trying to test this as I am heading to USA and all I get is a busy signal.  Perhaps PM needs a little time to register the USA number.

So you are saying that when you forward to a US number you get a busy signal?  Maybe forwarding to a US number is not allowed.  The knowledge base is silent on forwarding to non Canadian numbers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

deputyphil

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is an easy enough test.  Since the plan is already selected and not one that is being considered, then just go to the forwarding feature in the dialer app and enter the US number.  If it works, it works, and if it doesn't it doesn't. 

So has this been confirmed yet or not?  Interesting idea.  Could be a potential solution for an experiment I want to try someday.

Neptune3d

@RobertQc wrote:

@Neptune3d wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@deputyphil wrote:

Thx

@Someone_here wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem!

@Martin wrote:

Nah, we all get confused, happens.  I still think if the OP has a can/usa plan then using the built in call forwarding built into their phone would work just fine, as long as they include 1 before the number.  

@Neptune3d wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@deputyphil wrote:

Thx

@Someone_here wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem!

@Martin wrote:

Neptune3d

@RobertQc wrote:

@deputyphil wrote:

Thx

@Someone_here wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem!

@Martin wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@deputyphil wrote:

Thx

@Someone_here wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem!

@Martin wrote:

Sorry, Nevermind, "Nationwide" is only canada. Not north america. Apparently it works with whatever your base plan has

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Shouldn't be a problem!

Need Help? Let's chat.