cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding while waiting for port ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hope someone can awnser my question. 

Porting from a landline provider could possibly take a few days, During the porting period would it be a smart idea to call forwading the old landline service to the new service its being ported to ? Would this screw up the port or cause some weird issue if call forwarding dosent deactivate ? I'm assuming the call forwarding would deactivate after the account closes with the old provider ? 

14 REPLIES 14

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

As per my previous post.....

At frist, I didn't realize that there was a second page to the thread. 

@computergeek541 

As per my previous post.....

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

You should see your loyalty reward appear on day 365 ( or day 366 I can't quite remember) and it will then apply on your next renewal. Geez I was only off by a couple of days! Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

While from my first-experiences, they have always been added to my account on the renewal before the year is complete, they're added after that renewal is processed which means that the extra $1 monetary discount per 30 days won't be added to the account balance until the next renewal cycle.

@Triguy 

Well you made me look....so yes the loyalty reward does appear on day 361 not day 365/366 as previously stated...so I was at least correct in that I couldn't quite remember.....

Edit: After 12 - 30 day periods not 12 months.

@darlicious 

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the number of days your account was suspended.

@BearFBI 

You should see your loyalty reward appear on day 365 ( or day 366 I can't quite remember) and it will then apply on your next renewal. Geez I was only off by a couple of days! Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

BearFBI

@darlicious Woah almost forgot ! I hit a year this month. 

In 2 days that'll mark 12 renewals for me. Should receive my loyalty reward sometime next month... 

I've racked on quite a bit of rewards in a year. Wow !

@BearFBI 

Look at you go! Edging ever so closer to that $0 bill! You are close to your 1 year anniversary how close are you to achieving your goal?

BearFBI

@hTideGnow "But why do you need that if your landline is current working and your "home" phone is ringing?   You can just keep the current setting  wait till the Port is completed"

Could do that but trying to explain that to an elderly is impossible. Call forwarding it is. 

I'm setting this up for someone elese. Not me.

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 Oh right. Forgot about that. So I guess call forwarding to the new PM number wouldn't work. 

Call forwarding to something like fongo would though. 

Yes, forwarding to Fongo would work.  But why do you need that if your landline is current working and your "home" phone is ringing?   You can just keep the current setting  wait till the Port is completed

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 Oh right. Forgot about that. So I guess call forwarding to the new PM number wouldn't work. 

@hTideGnow 

"And yes, when porting is done, your account will be closed and hence the call forwarding you did on your landline will be cancelled."

That's the only thing I'm worried about. Hoping the old provider will properly disable call forwarding after the account closes.

Call forwarding is done at the account level. Once a number is completely ported to a different carrier, those forwarding settings are wiped out/aren't applicable.  As the old carrier is no longer involved in routing the call, that setting at the old carrier will no longer matter.

BearFBI

@hTideGnow 

"And yes, when porting is done, your account will be closed and hence the call forwarding you did on your landline will be cancelled."

That's the only thing I'm worried about. Hoping the old provider will properly disable call forwarding after the account closes.

Yes, you don't have a phone number when you activate with Porting request.

I believe you can forward to your other mobile phone  (your family member?)  Just make sure someone can get a hold of you just in case your older provider try to reach you on your landline

And yes, when porting is done, your account will be closed and hence the call forwarding you did on your landline will be cancelled.

@BearFBI wrote:

Hope someone can awnser my question. 

Porting from a landline provider could possibly take a few days, During the porting period would it be a smart idea to call forwading the old landline service to the new service its being ported to ? Would this screw up the port or cause some weird issue if call forwarding dosent deactivate ? I'm assuming the call forwarding would deactivate after the account closes with the old provider ? 

You can't forward you number to the Public Mobile service. All calls will continue to go to your old carrier. If you try to do as you say, you'll receive none of your calls as anyone calling you will hear a busy signal.  Your new account at Public Mobile doesn't get a seperate phone number. As soon as porting is requested, Public Mobile assigns the number you're porting in to your new account. You'll have no incoming call service on your Public Mobile service until number porting is complete. So, it won't actually affect your number porting, but you'll also not receive your calls if you do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.