cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding - unexpected response from network

AKC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My husband and I both have a Motorola One 5G phones, and we both have the same plan (separate accounts) the unlimited Canada wide talk/text and 1 gig of data.  Recently we moved to a neighbourhood where the Telus cell service is weak (we can get texts and data, but voice calls do not work).  My husband easily set up call forwarding in his phone once we were in a better cell area closer to town (he went to PHONE-selected the 3 dots-SETTINGS-CALLS-CALL FORWARDING-WHEN UNREACHABLE and entered our home # and it took fine. When I try to do that, I get the "unexpected response from network" error.  I have been trying this several times a day for a week but it still won't take.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4

AKC

Hi, KennethJAdams

We did try a cell phone booster from a reputable company with stellar reviews but could not get it to work.  We managed to get 3 bars for a second where we mounted it, but a minute later we lost those bars and got no service again. We spent a half day trying all different areas to mount the outside antenna to, but no luck.  I appreciate the idea though, Thanks

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Another option you may want to try is a booster.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077N6822R/?coliid=IYL0NA3OO88W9&colid=13DA7Z9QINSYX&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_l...

Never hurts to try it for the 30 days and if it doesn't work as well as you want it to, can always return it.

Edit: Regular price is $239.99 - It was on sale for $186 July 24th and June 18th and May 19th. 

I signed up at Keepa.com to keep track of lower prices on Amazon. Works great. 

AKC

Thank You, I will message them

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AKC

So both you and your husband have Moto One and the Conditional forwarding works for your husband but not you?

Since the introduction of VoLTE, conditional forwarding basically no longer works, only unconditional forwarding works. 

Some mentioned if VoLTE works on the phone, then PM support can fix the conditional forwarding. But Moto One 5G is not on the list of VoLTE, so it should not work on your husband's phone.

I don't think there is much support can do, but you can message them and ask them to confirm

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.