cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding stopped working...how do we get it back??

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I need call forwarding in our of cell service areas .

Why was it stopped?

How can it be restored ? 

Please help

18 REPLIES 18

I am in the process of asking for the call forwarding fix and other calling matters. They are initially saying it won't work if the phone isn't on volte. I've been escalated up to someone internal. Then they too are escalating me up to somewhere else.

But if you've decided to move on to another provider then I guess that's that for you. Best wishes.

trishe

Soft tech

My last reply auto spell made almost illegible 

trishe

Softer.  I now have to remember read the link to a text message sent by public mobile about VOTE.   Although your idea may be the reason the problem was caused...it may not be the solution.  I had to get other phone numbers because this service no longer works. It's supposed to be a phone service not a pay to put me to work service. Sad. 

They started migrating a select few devices on to volte in late February. Select few.

I remember reading about visually impaired issues from a while ago. In fact, the user seems to have returned recently. @stonechucker 

trishe

When did Public Mobile switch over to VoLTE?

Screenshot_20230427-234655~2.png

 ...this is only a recent call forwarding issue.  One of my old phones does not support VoLTE.

A decade or so ago Rogers started LTE.  Unfortunately their phones would not work at all in some remote areas that normally  can get 5 bars full strength signal on the 3 g networks

trishe

Thanks all.  I have sent several replies now....in the private messaging to the C's agent where they are and were supposed to go.  

trishe

Thank you.  The chat bot only provided me with instructions of how to use call forwarding features...not in the solution to the problem or issuing a ticket.  When I insert another providers active sim in either phone there is no problem using the call forwarding features.  They are a little different to access on different types of phones but not much. I am very experienced at using this feature on these and other phones.

I am not familiar with typing and reading fine print on even large font on relatively small even if they are large touch screen phones.  Trying to do this during daylight business hours can cause glare and further eye strain. Due to lack of audible technical support I may have to change service providers to another who can provide audible technical support.  I am resisting doing that because I really like this company.  No other phone companies or other utilities for that matter ever gave any gifts for Christmas as Public Mobile has for several years now. I appreciate that very much.

It would be great if we could vote on it or something if there could be a chance for Public Mobile to have some kind of audible phone support for people with vision disabilities who can not access the eye strain in the community. I'm sure we know some seniors and I know some blind people who would like to continue using phone service to talk and listen instead of type.

Thank you again for your insight

Thanks again for the links to the agent

Click on Inbox and the Sent option pops out. Click on Sent and all your sent items will list.

Then I'm still not clear on what your problem is. I think the bottom bit from the agent is telling you not to reply to the email notification. Click in that grey Reply area and it will make the reply ability show up.

dust2dust_0-1666045909218.png

trishe

Where do I find the ticket number? 

trishe

"Not" to reply 

( typo my bad) apologies ..screenshot added

@trishe   you see the reply box right below the last line?  can you reply there? (part of the box got cut off because of your phone's "back - home" bar

Again, worst case, message CS_agent with the below link and quote the ticket number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

trishe

No not right

Tried to reply to the agent but was given this notice...

Screenshot_20230427-123226.png

Only reply in the private message system. If you're getting email notifications then you don't reply to those. Come back here to reply.

Adding - maybe I see what you mean. Just click/tap into that reply box and it'll light up and you can type in it then.

trishe

The reply button is blurred out within the emailed reply from the cs agent as well as a message stating to to reply there within the email and to create another ticket within the community!

What a huge run around!

@trishe you were trying to reply via Community inbox and not reply the notification on your email, right?

When you send another message via Community inbox to CS agent, make sure you quote your ticket number 

trishe

Strange I can not reply directly to the c s agent who replied about the ticket as what was previously done but have to send another ticket request ? 

trishe

Thanks. Did that to both  Hope to hear back tomorrow.  Missing important calls without this essential feature. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@trishe 

conditional forwarding has been a problem since the enabling of VoLTE, please open a ticket with PM support and see if they can fix it for you

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.