cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call control

RPT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Before I switched for Telus Mobility I had a feature called Call Control

I would like this reinstalled. It came with no charge.

10 REPLIES 10

14ALL41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hairbag1 wrote:

If you do get a scam or nuisance call...block it in your phones settings. No charge.

No point. All scam numbers are spoofed...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@RPT I use an app called "Call Hero" it saves me tonnes of time. It filters through calls that suck up your time. It tracks how much time it saves you. It also has a digital assistant that will filter calls and says hello you have. reached RPT how may I help you? Then they text you the response and you can choose to answer it. I have had so much great feedback. 

But yeah public is bear bones and that's why its prices are amazing, for now. 

Thank you @hTideGnow  but seems too complicated. Legitimate caller has to know your code, number of blocked numbers is limited, etc. I would not miss it.

Yeah it is that call screening thing, which is kind of annoying to be honest, but I get the reason why ppl would want it these days with all the soliciting and scams out there. As stated bare bones features and PM does not have that, there are some other things  Koodo had that PM doesn't have either but I think what you get is definitely worth the value, and you can still achieve what you are looking for yourself with blocking etc.

@Meow wrote:

PM has no 'call control'.

For better understanding, what is 'call control' to you? Blocking spam calls?

hi @Meow   Here is what Call Control to Telus:

https://www.telus.com/en/mb/support/article/call-control-for-mobile-devices-explained

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RPT 

No bells and whistles with PM.

That is why the lower cost for service on PM.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM has no 'call control'.

For better understanding, what is 'call control' to you? Blocking spam calls?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Not here..yet.

Best practice...If you don't recognize the calling number, don't answer it. If its a legit call, they'll leave a message.

If you do get a scam or nuisance call...block it in your phones settings. No charge.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RPT   Sorry, PM is a Tier 3 provider and provider only basic service and features.  There is no  Call Control here in PM

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That service is not offered here.

Need Help? Let's chat.