cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forward not working to 833 toll free number

Gizmoking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a 833 toll free number that I'm trying to call forward my number to, and all that happens is a busy signal, calls do not go through. I can call forward to other numbers, but not my toll free number. Any solution?

Thanks,

Darren

5 REPLIES 5

Gizmoking

Maybe the tech person has worked for Telus in the past and has 17 years experience in total, but still they had not heard of a situation where call forwarding would not work when forwarded to a toll free number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

No mention of any restrictions in their call forwarding information. I understand this is a low cost subsidiary of Telus, and they may very well have some restrictions on services, you get what you pay for, but if they are restricting something it should be clear and information on limitations should be available. What other restrictions are in place? If there is a major emergency, do Telus customers get priority cellular service and Public Mobile calls get dumped or are blocked to allow more bandwidth for Telus? Do Telus 911 calls get priority over Public Mobile 911 calls?  

@Gizmoking wrote:

The tech support worker who was assisting me, and has 17 years experience with public mobile was eventually unable to find a resolution. Apparently it is a situation where only a very select few people are aware, (17 years helping people and this tech support worker did not know) and public mobile is unlikely to make a change. They do not clearly inform potential customers that call forwarding is LIMITED and will NOT work when forwarded to a toll free number. Maybe a case for class action law suit or a case for false and misleading advertising. I should not have to purchase their services to learn what I had with a previous company does not work with public mobile. 

Public Mobile hasn't been in operation for 17 years.  Also, all current Public Mobile customer support agents came on board no earlier than about 5 years ago.

Gizmoking

The tech support worker who was assisting me, and has 17 years experience with public mobile was eventually unable to find a resolution. Apparently it is a situation where only a very select few people are aware, (17 years helping people and this tech support worker did not know) and public mobile is unlikely to make a change. They do not clearly inform potential customers that call forwarding is LIMITED and will NOT work when forwarded to a toll free number. Maybe a case for class action law suit or a case for false and misleading advertising. I should not have to purchase their services to learn what I had with a previous company does not work with public mobile. 

Gizmoking

I don't understand. I was on Bell Mobility and I had it call forwarded to the toll free line and it worked fine. Now that I've switched to Public Mobile it doesn't work. Is this a restriction with Public Mobile?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Gizmoking 

call forwarding to toll free number won't work

it never work before, right?

Need Help? Let's chat.