cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Control / Call Director

Calgarymrs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any chance of adding Call Control (a.k.a. Call Director) to my line?  I've been inundated with "spam" robo phone calls (all threatening) in the past day.  I know that Telus offers this for free to their Telus and Koodo customers, so it wouldn't likely cost extra to offer it to PM customers.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For anyone curious about Call Control [I'll assume Call Director is similar], I wrote a few posts about it recently:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Getting-several-nuisance-calls-a-d...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Getting-several-nuisance-calls-a-d...

It really is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I turned it off for a few hours yesterday to test the call screening Google Assistant feature on my Pixel 6 and got two spam calls in that short period, were I've had closer to zero for the last few months with Call Control turned off.  The assistant screening is cool but I'd rather the calls just get weeded out by Call Control first.  For the odd few that get through and I don't recognize the caller, I'll screen using assistant.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sadly no, @Calgarymrs ,  Public Mobile does not, and likely will not, provide this service.

Some advice:

NEVER answer any calls from numbers/people you either don't recognize or are not on your contact list.  It can be difficult to ignore a call, but you will get used to it.  

If the person calling you needs you that badly, they will leave a voice message; if they don't bother leaving one, you likely didn't need to hear from them in the first place.

IF YOU DO ANSWER, and the caller is a spammer, it's likely your number will get logged as one which will get answered, so anticipate spam calling to increase (at least in the short term).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Calgarymrs wrote:

Any chance of adding Call Control (a.k.a. Call Director) to my line?  I've been inundated with "spam" robo phone calls (all threatening) in the past day.  I know that Telus offers this for free to their Telus and Koodo customers, so it wouldn't likely cost extra to offer it to PM customers.

no, it won't cost extra to PM.. as there is no such service here  🙂

No, PM is running on very simple system and offer very simple service.  No Call Control features.   

Are you on iPhone, iPhone has this on the device level and can set to send unknown callers to voicemail

Of course, you may consider going with Koodo and Telus instead 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let it go to the voicemail. Once picked up register your number as potential victim and they share their database with all scammers so everyone calls to try once they know you are one of them who picks up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calgarymrs 

at public mobile not have it,

just ignore and delete and block..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Calgarymrs 

Public mobile does not offer this service.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Calgarymrs 

Sorry but PM doesn't have that option.

PM is a Telus third tier, so probably won't get that option any time soon ☺️

Try not to answer those calls if you can. If you don't answer them, your less likely to get more from the same or similar phone numbers.  That's been my experience.

Need Help? Let's chat.