cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOMER AGENT

BONIDRIVER
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OPENED A SECOND ACCOUNT USING ANOTHER EMAIL.WANT TO PORT MY NUMBER FROM FREEDOM AND ACTIVATE NEW SIM CARD

8 REPLIES 8

BONIDRIVER

Downloaded app and does not give me anything about activating sim

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @BONIDRIVER 

Here are the steps in a nutshell just to make sure that you're staying on track:

Screenshot_2023-11-26-20-29-54-540_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

@BONIDRIVER 

I have posted this in the past but here it is again starting from the beginning and MUST be done in order but just to the step you have already done:

- Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancel service with them.

- Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon ($4.99), Canadian Cell Supplies ($6.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo store ($10.00).

- Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6.

- Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.

- Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours.

- Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

That is it…what steps did you missed?

If all steps are followed, there could be provisional/backend issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent to fix at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @BONIDRIVER  but did you use the app to activate?

If you were using the app and got to the end of the activation, text the sim card and see if it connects and test outoging calls

Also, you still need to put your old carrier sim in a phone and wait for the old carrier to send you the port approval text and reply YES 

BONIDRIVER

what is process to activate new sim and port my number fro Freedom?

BONIDRIVER

I have 1 public account already.Opened another new account using different email.Want to port my number from Freedom Mobile to new PM account and activate new sim card.They accepted payment for new account.what to do next?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BONIDRIVER , are you having trouble with activating the second account?  Otherwise the entire process is done using the app.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @BONIDRIVER 

understand what you try to do but what was your problem? mind to explain further

to submit ticket with cs agent, please message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.