cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@CS_Agent Porting current number from PM to Coextro (*Rogers)

klinhtrinh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was trying to transfer my current phone number from PM to Coextro (who use Rogers' network) but the porting has failed 2 times by now. What I was told by the Coextro support team was that my line was inactive (which is not correct, I'm still in my subscription cycle) and that I needed to check with PM to see if port protection was turned on on my PM account. I have also never received the authorization SMS from PM throughout this process either. Could someone help pls? I tried private message a @CS_Agent but the message page is not working....

11 REPLIES 11

klinhtrinh

So I sent 2 numbered tickets (got the link from the Help Chat) yesterday and one message just now. I remember getting their replies within hours for previous issues so when I didnt hear back after almost a day, I thought my numbered tickets did not go through.

Actual numbered tickets or just messages?

klinhtrinh

Silly me I didn't realize the dropdown there. Thanks so much! Apparently the previous two support tickets I submitted  yesterday did go through. It just seems to be taking Support longer to get to it.

That's an empty inbox. Click on the inbox word and arrow and the sent link will pop out and click on it and you will see your sent message. But you'll get a reply in the inbox.
Can you get a friend with an Android to send you a text. Did you ever block any texts from here because you didn't like getting them?

@klinhtrinh 

Yes, that is where you will see support reply eventually, within 2 hours.

If you like , the message you sent can be found in Sent, just change the pull down menu Inbox and select Sent 

klinhtrinh

I took a look at the registration form with Coextro and everything matched. I've just asked them to double check again anyway.

I've messaged PM Support... but weirdly my inbox looks empty afterwards. Is this how it's supposed to look like?

Screen Shot 2023-08-05 at 10.04.26 AM.png

klinhtrinh

Yes my PM Sim card is still in the phone cos I requested an eSim with the new Coextro service. I have asked friends to call me on the (PM) existing phone number and all went through.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the PM sim in a phone waiting for that text? It doesn't come to the new sim. If you put this sim back in a phone, see if it can receive a real sms text from someone or email->text yourself (don't put something in the subject box).

@klinhtrinh then could it be you entered the wrong number by mistake?

anyway , confirm with Coextro what number you provided and compare with yours

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

Also message support to confirm if they see the porting request at all

klinhtrinh

I wasn't asked by Coextro about the IMEI number (what is that? I didnt know there was a thing either) but I did provide them with my PM account number (I suppose that's the one starting with 10000-). Thanks so much for the message link!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@klinhtrinh 

first, did you provide Coextro the IMEI number or PM's account number? better to provide account number for porting to avoid error

Also, please message support and ask them to confirm if they see the porting request

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.