cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT CARD charge was too much

MALTESERS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Topped my account using a credit card for $50.00 Statement received shows 56.50.  Why is there an additional $6.50 that I didn't authorize?

7 REPLIES 7

@MALTESERS wrote:

Hi, I topped up my account by $50.00 via credit card for future payments.   On my last credit card statement it showed $56.50 taken. 

Just think of it when you are shopping and have $50 worth of items in your cart.  When you get to the checkout you can't just give them $50 they will then add the tax to your purchase.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yes @MALTESERS, all PM charges and credits and rewards are "NET" before applicable tax.  

MALTESERS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I topped up my account by $50.00 via credit card for future payments.   On my last credit card statement it showed $56.50 taken. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is also sales tax charged.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @MALTESERS 

You raise a good question, and it's a common misunderstanding.

It is applicable taxes, as @computergeek541 & @esjliv indicate.

I find a lot of customers misunderstand the difference between amounts displayed on self-serve details vs amounts actually charged to a payment card and then subsequently billed by PM for plans.

It seems PM wants to make it uniform for all customers given the varying tax structures of each Province and Territory. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MALTESERS ,

Taxes do not show in your transaction history on your SELF SERVE account; but, alas, they are definitely charged to one and all.

@MALTESERS wrote:

Topped my account using a credit card for $50.00 Statement received shows 56.50.  Why is there an additional $6.50 that I didn't authorize?

The $6.50 is sales tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.