cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA messages

IvonaM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason, I am not getting messages from CRA service (with PIN codes). I tried to switch on/off data and wifi service, but with no effect. Any solution? Phone: Galaxy Note 10+. PS. My husband is getting messages on his iPhone 13 without any problems (also PM user).

6 REPLIES 6

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I suggest using an app for 2FA as thats another option to login. And you can use it anywhere in the world 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Data has nothing to do with SMS - texting messages sent by bank, government, etc.
All those are done through regular mobile service Unless you use some 3rd party SMS app which requires data (WiFi).
2FA works with no problem for me. All SMS did arrive as sent.

But if you are a NEW customer then SMS might not work and you have to open a ticket so agent can make it do.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @IvonaM 

Are you new to Public Mobile? If so, it does take, from what I've read here, up to 30 days for codes like that to start coming through. Something about allowing the CRA system to realize you have switched carriers and just making sure it actually is you and not someone who has stolen your phone number and ported out. 

If you still have these issues, please create a ticket to get help.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1714230458222.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

IvonaM

Is there maybe some "trust this device" setting in my computer that I missed?

IvonaM

I tried, but still nothing. My backup option is to select "Call me" option at CRA site and automated phone call with a PIN code is getting through. It's strange, ALL the other messages are getting through (from other people, including WhatsApp, Viber, etc)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That is strange @IvonaM 

i also get them

try rebooting your device and resetting  network connections

Need Help? Let's chat.