cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID19/Susupension

priya2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since kids are not going to school, my son doesn't need cell phone at the moment. Are we allowed to put the account on freeze? If yes, how? Coincidentally, my card on the file expired few days ago and the account is suspended. It says, update card before 90 days to reactivate the plan. If I pay just before 90 days, will I still be charged for these 90 days when I renew?

12 REPLIES 12

@Luddite, only you would have $500 in available funds! 

I would think on Day 91, with your account closed, number lost and the money is gone, that number will NO longer be in service and maybe assigned to a new person as well. One would probably have to verify the phone number with WhatsApp, and thus if the number is incorrect, it won't work.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 2.51.33 PM.png

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Hi guys, I did not search, before I asked, but if an account is, deactivated, for the 90 days, can that number be used on whatsapp. and to deactivate account just remove CC or don't pay with a voucher?? 

90 day deactivation removes the phone number from service but will still be registered to whatsapp and anywhere it was used. Of course any new authentications will fail or be delivered to the new owner of the number.

The 90 days rules applies after 90 days of Suspension however triggered. Worst case scenario is requesting suspension by lost/stolen phone function with $500 in Available Funds. Then forgetting to reactivate until day 91 >>> number deleted, money gone, email cannot be reused. 🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi guys, I did not search, before I asked, but if an account is, deactivated, for the 90 days, can that number be used on whatsapp. and to deactivate account just remove CC or don't pay with a voucher?? 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 hi just another little note if you folks have wi fi at home you or he can download an app like textnow and he can still have a number to text and make calls its free to use, be safe!!

priya2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for all the replies. I will update it 10 days prior to keep the SIM/number.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 

You never pay after usage and they cannot charge you if you didn't receive the service.

Once you are ready click on reactivate Ave make the payment. Your plan will start on that day and your payment will cover the service for 30 days starting from that day and the following referral will be 30 days from then.

If you still don't need it you can remove your credit card again and at the end of that cycle you will have another 89 days

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000, everybody is correct here, some say, wait until day 85 or 89.

I typically do it 10 days exactly because what if the self-serve account goes down. Or maybe you forgot the password to your account. Or you are unable to contact the moderators to help you. It gets quite stressful when day 90 comes by, and you lose everything, number, SIM and account. Is it worth it then to wait a few extra days long to save a few pennies?

So, don't chance it, and renew 10 days before, put it on the wall calendar or post-it note it somewhere. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 wrote:

Since kids are not going to school, my son doesn't need cell phone at the moment. Are we allowed to put the account on freeze? If yes, how? Coincidentally, my card on the file expired few days ago and the account is suspended. It says, update card before 90 days to reactivate the plan. If I pay just before 90 days, will I still be charged for these 90 days when I renew?

If you're plan is currently suspended...just leave it alone. If you still want the number, make sure to renew at about 85 days because at day 90, your plan will be permanently closed and you'd need a new sim to start a whole new account.

Alternative is to downgrade to cheapest plan ($15 / 30 days).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@priya2000 

Don't wait until the last day before updating your autopay credit card, pay and click on the reactivate your plan link on the overview page after login.

Please note that the loyalty reward will be delayed the same amount of suspended days 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure to make a payment before 90 days to keep the account active.  After 90 days the account will get deacitvated.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@priya2000 You can suspend the account for up to 89 Days. After 90 its gone and the number is lost. Make sure you update the CC when you want to reactivate his account. Public Mobile is a prepaid service so it would only charge you the cost of the plan and not the cost of the suspended days. Then from there on the day when you make a payment to reactivate it that turns into his renewal date for the next month.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 hi no you will not be charged just update cc before the 90 days and you can restart your plan

Need Help? Let's chat.