cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFUSED ABOUT DATA USAGE

Fantuz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan allows for 1GB of data per month. 

My phone is showing that I have used 2.2MB of that.

But today I received a text from Public Mobile saying I have used 75% of my data for the month. What does all this mean? My "month" starts on the 8th of each month and today is June 5.  

6 REPLIES 6

Fantuz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone. My phone was indeed showing only the usage from June 1. Problem solved.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Fantuz Check your self-service account please. It always shows correct data amount. Maybe your new cycle didn't start yet, and the message belongs to the old cycle. Maybe, message was sent by mistake.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Fantuz public's plans are only 30 days, your renewal date changes. don't rely on your phones counter, it is never correct. mine is off by 1gb even when setting the correct usage cycle reset date. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Fantuz wrote:

My plan allows for 1GB of data per month. 

My phone is showing that I have used 2.2MB of that.

But today I received a text from Public Mobile saying I have used 75% of my data for the month. What does all this mean? My "month" starts on the 8th of each month and today is June 5.  

@Fantuz   PM plans renews every 30 days and your phone maybe showing whats been used this month and it looks like you're almost near your renewal time so you probably have almost exhausted your plan data.  You can purchase the $15/1GB data-on for now, this will be used once you've depleted your plan data before renewal and any remaining data from the add-on will stay with your account until completely used up.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Billing cycle is on a 30 day period.

You can view your usage in your Self-Serve account by clicking on the Plan and Add-Ons tab, then on Data & Add-On Usage. Here, you will find a summary of your data usage for the current billing cycle. Alternatively, if you’re interested in seeing your your last 90 days worth of usage, you can select Usage History which is also under the Plans and Add-Ons tab.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

PM plans are 30 days not monthly.

Log into your self serve account. Look at My Data and Add-ons. It will show you how much data you have used so far. You can also see when your plan renewal date is once logged in.

Need Help? Let's chat.