cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Verification IMPOSSIBLE

jlangdale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your site is so **bleep** annoying. I remember having trouble initially, but I finally got my credit card to work and it was on autopay for a while. Now that I I got my CC renewed, same number and address, I CANNOT VERIFY IT. And I cannot remember the trick with the browser or entry I used to get it to work.

This only occurs WITH YOUR WEBSITE. What the hell!??

10 REPLIES 10

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it's always frustrating when that happens!

@jlangdale Best send a private message to the moderators. While waiting sometimes the French site works when English does not.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jlangdale

Yup, I also deleted my registered auto-pay card to try to enter it again. I just got a new card in the mail and had a new expiry date.

jlangdale

Yes, the apartment N-NN confusion is always hard to determine. Also whether it's Rue or ST. I've tried the exact address on the statement, and that didn't work. This address issues are major PIA. To make it more hard, the city is like L'ILe-City with various spellings.

@jlangdale Also, deleting the old card before and entering the new/update from scratch seems to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jlangdale what's worked for me in the past was to make sure I entered it exactly like it appears on my credit card statement.  

So for example, I live in a condo with a unit number, let's call it unit 42 (it isn't), at 123 Fake St (again, isn't).  On my credit card statement, my address is:

42-123 FAKE ST

FAKETOWN, BC

H0H 0H0

In the self serve site (unless they have changed this--it's been a while), there is a separate field for unit number so it looks like you should enter just 123 FAKE ST as the street address and 42 as unit.  However, I had to enter it as 42-123 FAKE ST as the address and leave unit blank.

But yes literally everything down to punctuation ( "ST" vs "ST."), capitalization ("FAKE ST" vs "Fake St") etc needs to match what you see on your credit card statement (in my experience).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jlangdale

I have attempted to PM or message the Moderator Team. But I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Worst case, contact the moderator team and get their assistance with updating the credit card information. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

jlangdale

Yea I've tried Chrome and Firefox. I might try it on my Chromebook. Nothing is working so far. I remember there was some trick with the spelling of the city or something. But this is unacceptable to me because it's only this site that gives me such a headache. It shouldn't be this **bleep** difficult. I use credit cards on other sites all the time, including this one, and never have any trouble like this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jlangdale, the self serve portal is really finicky.  Try clearing the browser cache, or use alternate browser, incognito mode.  These are some of the strategies that have worked for others. 

Need Help? Let's chat.