cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAnt make or receive calls

nancymike99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both my hubby and my phone cannot make or receive calls. Text messages are going thru. Does not ring just goes into a dead silence and goes to voicemail. We are in the New Brunswick , Miramichi area. Any outages reported?

11 REPLIES 11

@Luddite wrote:

@computergeek541  I leave my phones on 3G all the time. Better signal where I live and no harm at all for my uses. 

3G vs LTE https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Share-Your-3G-Real-World-Experience/m-p...

I sometimes do this as well, but there are times that I do switch back to LTE due to poor data performance. 

@computergeek541  I leave my phones on 3G all the time. Better signal where I live and no harm at all for my uses. 

3G vs LTE https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Share-Your-3G-Real-World-Experience/m-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ooooh, They just won the battle and the war! Raise your flag in defeat 🚩

@computergeek541 wrote:

@t_p 

I wouldn't quite say that tbere's no harm in locking in the 3g network.  The HSPA network isn't as good handling capacity and unless there are near petfect network conditions, this network can be quite slow for SMS and laggy for internet use.

I see what you mean, but please note I said "harm", not "performance".

"Tomayto" "tomahto" some would say, but I still beleve there is a difference in the meaning.

EDIT: I've edited the other post to make it clearer.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nancymike99 wrote:

Both my hubby and my phone cannot make or receive calls. Text messages are going thru. Does not ring just goes into a dead silence and goes to voicemail. We are in the New Brunswick , Miramichi area. Any outages reported?

@nancymike99 

Are you and your husband both new to Public Mobile

Try one or more of the below:

*ensure your DND (Do Not Disturb) setting has not been accidentally turned on

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Did either of you port over a phone number from another provider?

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If forcing to 3G or another Mobile Connection on your device helps, okay, but note this is not the best solution for all your Public Mobile services. Autoconnect in the Mobile Connection area would be the suggested setting to keep it on.

Maybe there is an network upgrade going on throughout Canada or something...it seems since AB and BC customer lost network connections on their devices these incoming calls/texts cases have ramped up.

If you both had services prior to this issue...and, moving your SIM into another compatible device DOES NOT improve your services, and you are in an area of 'good' service, and no outages - I would tell CSA of your issue, in hopes to force PM to act (in case, this is part of a wide-spread issue).

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@t_p wrote:

@nancymike99 wrote:

Is that something i have to change at some point? or is it ok to leave it on 3g?

There is no harm to leave it on 3G for now. If you want to switch back to LTE later, you can do so later when the network is up to speed.

I wouldn't quite say that tbere's no harm in locking in the 3g network.  The HSPA network isn't as good handling capacity and unless there are near petfect network conditions, this network can be quite slow for SMS and laggy for internet use.

@nancymike99 wrote:

Is that something i have to change at some point? or is it ok to leave it on 3g?

There is no harm to leave it on 3G for now. If you want to switch back to LTE later, you can do so later when the network is up to speed.

EDIT: Does 3G harm your phone (performance-wise)? In some cases, it could (since it's an older technology/generation of protocols).

Will it harm  your phone (physically)? No, it won't. Your phone won't break just because you put it on 3G.

nancymike99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@nancymike99 

yes, there has been an issue with PM today and affected some people.  try to change your network to 3G ONLY or use put your SIM into another phone to test.  Many reported these ways help to resolve the issue

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nancymike99 

Try the following:

1. Reset network settings and reboot the phone.

2. Set preferred network to 3G and reboot the phone.

3. Take sim out and put in another unlocked phone and then put back in your phone.

Let us know if any of these work.

Do not see any outages:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@nancymike99 wrote:

There could be some network issue.

One workaround reportedly working for some users is putting the phone on 3G (WCDMA) instead of LTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.