cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT SEND TEXT MESSAGES

rcoach1974
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I am 1 very p'd off individual atm.  Am about ready to get rid of public mobile altogether.

I have a blackberry Q5. I can make calls I can receive calls. I have data. I can receive text messages but CANNOT send them. Downright fed up now and you can't even call this dam company for help!

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@IWIK oops.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Ironic, since I often give people a hard time for doing the same thing!  LOL I guess nobody's perfect eh?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren his last active date was ‎08-05-2016 02:24 AM 

I'm guessing no updates haha

srlawren

@rcoach1974 any updates?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@rcoach1974 totally understand your frustration!  Sorry I didn't see this thread before now.  Did you ever get your Q5 text issue resolved?  As noted by others, this is a well-known BlackBerry 10 issue and has nothing to do with Public Mobile.  @imm1304 listed a great list of things to try to resolve it.  Have you done any of those?  Did they help?  Did you leave for Wind?  If so, are things working there?  Just curious what's up.  

[Edit:  fixed tag of @imm1304]

muixsnxsu

A simple reboot may fix this issue easily, if not then ask Blackberry Support Community for help or check Blackberry Q5 Manual and practice fixes given in it. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rcoach1974

Thank you for posting and raising concern regarding this.

Looking through your account in the back end, I cannot see any issue with your text messaging services. You were able to send text messages yesterday throughout the day, where they stopped in the afternoon.

Do you receive an error message when trying to send one ? Did you make any changes to your device?

I suggest that you insert your SIM in another unlock phone and try sending a text message, see what happens.

Let us know of the results and we will further investigate.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304

@rcoach1974, a simple Google search lead me to BB forums where several people had this issue.  I wouldn't be so quick to blame PM for your BB's bugs and glitches.  

If you really don't wanna take your Crapberry to Wind and drive yourelf crazy when it malfunctions there as well, here are a few things I recommend you try:

1.  Delete the largest sms threads in your sms app.  Or to be safe, delete all or most of the sms from you phone.  Reboot.  Test sending an sms.  If this solves it, you're lucky as its a relatively minor glitch in the OS.  

2. Sms>text message>advanced>service center adress. see if Sms Center Adress (number) is set to +16475800172

3.  Go to your "Call logs" and select the option to send one of the numbers in your call logs a test message.  If this goes through, the outbound sms for that number will be solved.  Strange, but again, a known glitch in your BB operating system.  If this turns out to be the fix for you, you will have to always initiate sending out texts from your call log first.  Which means, you have to get them to call you or you dial their number first so it shows up in the call logs. Pray that an update is sent by BB to fix this. 

4.  While your Q5 is on, open the back cover and pull the battery.  Wait a minute.  Put the battery back in and power on.  Test again.  

5. Delete the contact from your phone, then send them a text manually, ie. typing their number in. This should send the text. Then you can re-add them to your address book and text them from there as normal. 

@rcoach1974 In case it happens with Wind: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/text-messages-wont-send-795099/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@rcoach1974 wrote:

I have no idea at this point I'm so ticked that I don't really care anymore. It has worked for 5months now and all of a sudden just stops? I"m going to wind. PM can piss off

Good Luck with wind Man TongueRobot tongueSmiley Tongue

rcoach1974

I have no idea at this point I'm so ticked that I don't really care anymore. It has worked for 5months now and all of a sudden just stops? I"m going to wind. PM can **** off

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes the system tries to send messages as MMS. Do you have MMS messaging activated?

ute1978

Let's wait and see if a PM staff member can check it out tomorrow.

@Mary_M

rcoach1974

yes and yes

ute1978

As you are already able to use data, I suspect that your APN settings are right? Are they set to sp.mb.com?

Also did you reboot your phone in the meantime? Sometimes this helps.

rcoach1974

yes I do

ute1978

Do you have a BlackBerry 10 operating system?

rcoach1974

yes I have texting and calling provincewide. All is paid up and good.

ute1978

I am sorry to hear. We are here to help. And tomorrow morning latest, someone from PM would be able to look into your account.

What is included in your plan? Did you choose "texting" in your plan, or "no texting"?

To send texts you have to have texting.

Need Help? Let's chat.