CAN-US promo subscription description mismatch for US DATA coverage

lwc39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just subscribed to public mobile because of the recent promo plan:
- 50GB within Canada and the US Data at 5G Speed

However in my account subscription description, I have:
- 50GB Data at 5G Speed
- 5G Speed up to 250mbps
- Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging++
- Calling Features: Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, and Conference Calling

One big factor for me is the US data coverage. But it is missing from my own sub-description. Is this just a wording mistake or i got "scammed"

5 REPLIES 5

AliG1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also subscribed  for this reason and my account says the same thing.  I hope it is just the wording! 

lwc39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

One Agent replied to me with:

Yes, the entire plan is Canada-US.

Even if may not be prompted there(maybe there's a text limit), I can confirm the data is Canada-US as well.
You can also check the plan details here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans?network=ALL .

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Afternoon @lwc39 

Nope. You're good. I just got the same plan and I'm friggin happy! You can use the data here in Canada and the US. 50GB limit though. No scam, you're good. See you in Vegas!!  LOL 

EDIT:

⁺⁺Whether in Canada or the US, this plan includes unlimited calling, text, picture and video and messaging to phone numbers within and between Canada and the US. Data can be used in both Canada and the US."

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed17

Click on the Offer Details I circled.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1708807804841.png

When there, go CTRL F for find, enter US and it's 18 of 26 of the "US" there. That's where the above statement came from. Hope this places you at ease.

@lwc39 wrote:

I just subscribed to public mobile because of the recent promo plan:
- 50GB within Canada and the US Data at 5G Speed

However in my account subscription description, I have:
- 50GB Data at 5G Speed
- 5G Speed up to 250mbps
- Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging++
- Calling Features: Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, and Conference Calling

One big factor for me is the US data coverage. But it is missing from my own sub-description. Is this just a wording mistake or i got "scammed"

Yes, this plan includes US roaming data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm sure it includes data in BOTH Canada and the USA, @lwc39 

Need Help? Let's chat.