cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA/USA Plan

BoatGuy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I just signed up for a 40GB Canada/US Data plan.   I just want to confirm when I drive across the border tomorrow for 2 weeks I wont have to worry about anything.   My data, and my text will still work?   I wont be worrying about roaming charges?   

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

What's the make and model of the phone? volte = Voice Over Long Term Evolution. A lot like voip.

Adding - there are several ways to verify depending on the device.

Adding more - I see you chose that as the solution but it's not necessarily true for all devices.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This plan should provide seamless use no matter you are in Can or USA. Enable roaming and connect to t-mobile. If it does not work, report here.

@BoatGuy  VoLTE voice over LTE you can test for this turn off wifi and put  phone settings to LTE and make a call does it drop to 3G or stay on LTE if it stays on LTE you have voLTE enabled 

BoatGuy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure what volte is.  But Im going to go look it up

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There are no extra charges here.
I suggest leaving the networks on automatic. I suggest leaving mode on 4G LTE. Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte here yet? Talk is the only complication. Data and real sms text should be fine.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BoatGuy yup, it will work. no no extra roaming charge

things to remember: 

enable roaming mobile data.  Make sure your phone connects to T-Mobile or AT&T or pick them manually

it should be good.  Enjoy

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BoatGuy  No just make sure data roaming is turned on in phone settings and your connect to T mobile and use your phone like you were here at home and enjoy your trip 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.