cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying add-ons

Makintash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to purchase an add-on, but only for this month. Will I be able to cancel the add-on for next month after my purchase?

7 REPLIES 7

@Makintash wrote:

I want to purchase an add-on, but only for this month. Will I be able to cancel the add-on for next month after my purchase?

There's no such thing as cancelling an add-on at Public Mobile.

With the exception of the roaming add-ons, the rest don't have a preset amount of time that they stay on your account.

If you're wondering what happens after you've purchased an add-on but haven't used it all up but no longer want it, there are no refunds for the unused portion, but as other said, it will stay there for future use.

@Makintash 

This is the beauty of public mobile you pay for something once and once it runs out thats it its done. If  you want it again like your plan or you decide you would prefer something else you just choose it and pay for it. You get exactly what you paid for. Not like those other providers that decide for you.....oh you got an add on you must want it every month then unless you specifically tell us you don't want it. ( Then it's not an add on is it?!!)  You could have an add on for years til you use it all up.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Makintash 

When you buy an add-on you prepay for it and it remains there until you use it up. If you buy 1GB of data for example and you don’t use all of it the first 30 days, then it rolls over. No need to cancel it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Makintash  Public's add-ons don't work like that. They are one-time purchases and the add-on remains in your account until it's used up without any expiration.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Makintash , once you have the add-on it stays on your account until consummed.

It is not a charge for every renewal - just a one time payment and charge!

🙂

Your plan minutes and data always get used first, then your addon will kick in.

Unless you are talking about roaming addons, are you?

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Makintash...

when you buy an add-on, it'll expire when you use it up...even if that takes several months or longer. No additional costs though.

EDIT; the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons last for...10 days, then it expires.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Makintash wrote:

If you bought one  add on you will not be charged over and over. That add on rolls over each month until consumed.

Here is a hdi on buying an add-on:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.