cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a SIM Card.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which Telus locations carry Public Mobile SIM Cards? Is it only Telus Corporate Stores, or would I also be able to find them at a 4L Communications Telus Dealer?

Thanks in advance. 

34 REPLIES 34

@Priority wrote:

I did! I ordered a total of 84, the deal is still running I just need more money to spend. 😅

They have 500+ left at the Amazon Fulfillment Centre, I'm assuming they will be $4.99 until sold out. 

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply to your direct message, thank you so much for letting me know.

@Priority , you’re welcome 🙂

My private message ✉️ is turned off. I just sent you that to yours so you’d get it quickly before the price changed incase you didn’t see that I tagged you on your post here.

Priority

All 700 are stored safely in my drawers like this.

IMG_20230801_215917_096.jpg

@Priority wrote:

@LitlLdy they are still being offered at this price, everyday I get Impulsive and order more. Haha

@Priority , if you’ll use them, need them & can afford to purchase more might as well. They won’t go bad. Unless you’re storing them in humidity or extreme cold!

Priority

@LitlLdy they are still being offered at this price, everyday I get Impulsive and order more. Haha

Priority

I did! I ordered a total of 84, the deal is still running I just need more money to spend. 😅

They have 500+ left at the Amazon Fulfillment Centre, I'm assuming they will be $4.99 until sold out. 

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply to your direct message, thank you so much for letting me know.

Screenshot_20230729_144846_DuckDuckGo.jpg

@Priority wrote:

It allows me to order another 30 again if I want to, I'm considering it.. 🤔 🙃 

@Priority , I don’t know you respond when you don’t tag me. Sorry 😞 

Were you able to order enough of them? It’s good that you were able to see the message while they’re still offered that this price!

Priority

It allows me to order another 30 again if I want to, I'm considering it.. 🤔 🙃 

I guess I was surprised that something as simple as a small piece of cardboard (SIM Card with a chip) can not be made in our own country!

I knew they would work no matter what design they have. I was making a bad joke 😆 

That is a huge waste for them to destroy them! It still cost money to have them made! They could have easily made money off them! Yes, exactly even by selling them wholesale! It makes 0 sense to me that they did that! 😞 

Priority

Even the last time when they were on sale for $6.44, it said the Origin was Mexico as well. 

Maybe Mexico is the place of Manufacturing for these SIM Cards, I ordered the max amount it would let me being 30pcs for a few cents off $168.

Yes, even though sporting the classic design, these SIM Cards will still work for New Activations, I use them everyday and have over 600 of the Pictured ones in stock. 

I went to Mobile Klinic yesterday and asked if they carried the new SIMs, they did and i asked what happened with all the old Designed ones.. they told me that Telus ordered them to be shredded and cut up and so that's what they did with them after getting the new ones. 

Such a waste considering they would still work, don't you think @J_PM ? Someone like me could make use of those and brought more people to Public, yet you guys just tell them to shred them all.. why? So bad for the environment, waste of product, and loss of future clients who could have used those SIMs without any issues.. 

You tell locations to shred them, but sell them at liquidation price on Amazon directly? Why couldn't that have been done in store...

I would have taken them in a wholesale lot no questions asked, however they all got shredded. Makes no sense. 

Those could have made you guys money, still worked and had no reason to go to waste.SmartSelect_20230729_163649_Amazon Shopping.jpg

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority , the Public Mobile Sim Cards are on sale again for $4.99 with free delivery on Amazon sold by Public Mobile! They’re still the old design but I imagine still work the same 😆

Edit: Although this is odd:

• Country of Origin : Mexico

IMG_0173.jpeg

@Priority , I will save your post & update you when I see them on sale again so you can buy more in bulk as needed. It gets expensive to do activations so the less to spend per time (the less to charge) the more you can bring in! 🙂

@Priority 

so, $6.44 was actually a Prime day deal?

That particular one was supposed to be Sold by Public Mobile last week.  They got changed to sold by a 3rd party.  But anyway, as long as shipped by Amazon, it is reliable

Priority

The $8.28 ones were $6.44 yesterday, the price just increased within the last 24 hours to $8.28.

I ordered 9 from my Amazon Account and also had a few friends order me 9 from their Accounts as that link had a limit of '9 Per Customer' when the price was $6.44.

@Priority 

thanks

I have been keeping track Amazon for PM sim card, too.  These are the two links I would go for now

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06X9ZGDWG/   (Free Prime next day shipping) $8.28
 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ (Free Non-Prime 7 days Shipping w/Amazon Tracking) $9.99

Priority

So recently I ordered 10 Public Mobile SIM Cards directly from Amazon as I found a few deals for them, one of them came from an independent seller with Amazon Fulfillment, and one was Branded Public Mobile fulfilled by Amazon showing (Place of Business: Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3, CA), which is Telus Garden Offices and also an Amazon Warehouse/Fulfillment Center. 

Is Amazon selling and getting their stock directly from that Telus Corperate office, or is every SIM Card on Amazon coming from a Private Reseller and not Public Mobile or Amazon themselves?

To clarify the SIM Cards I got are still sporting the classic look, from where I ordered on Amazon they don't appear to have the new ones available yet.. (The price I got these for ranged from $5-$6.44 each Before Local Taxes - Prime Day Deals.) 

Screenshot_20230713_211212_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20230713_213244_Maps.jpg

Priority

SIM tools are a penny for 3-5pcs from China if you buy them wholesale and in large qtys.

Brian251
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got this new SIM card for free a few weeks ago from PM. They were at Trillium park in downtown toronto and were giving away free sim cards, tote bags, and frisbees (all with PM labelling) as well as free food! Next time, you see PM around your neighbourhood, be sure to stop by and say hi for some freebies 🙂A28E4CF6-1E51-4DD2-AD94-7FBAB19130E4.JPG111.JPG

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice.  As for the SIM tool and whether it’s worth the cost, I don’t think we can judge.  We don’t know how much it is costing PM (there may be a huge supply of cheap ones available, I’d suspect) and PM may have judged it worth the cost to avoid people buying SIMs and not being able to get the SIM into their home - especially if they bought a used phone that didn’t come with a too. Yes, paper clips work, but this is easier. I’d say “good job”.

@Priority wrote:

For anyone who is wondering what the new Public Mobile SIM Cards look like, i just purchased one from Telus and took pics of every part of it to share with The Community since I haven't seen anyone else who has done such.

The new SIM Removal tool built in is awesome!

Do you like the new & Improved design?

Public Mobile has changed the SIM card design a few times over the year and it has usually lined up with a some type of Community website re-design, or in this case, the Self Serve system overhaual and the indtroduction of 5G plans.  Thansk for sharing your feedback.  I first I saw of this SIM card design a few weeks ago when @SD08 posted some pictures of them in an Announcement thread.  As for the SIM card tool, I see it as an unnecessary waste of money.  These are included when a phone is purchased, and thesee tools will often be lost or just thrown out.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Priority 

thanks for posting...but other than the addition of a sim key, looks the same. I always lose / misplace the dang key and end up using a straightened out paper clip. 🙄

@hairbag1 , you could put the SIM removal tool on your key ring 🙂. I’ve had the same tool since 2014! I’ve been lucky so far, unless I just jinxed myself 🤣

The new SIM Card/Packet looks pretty, makes me think of Halloween for some odd reason 😂! It probably still works the same as the previous SIM Cards though so only upgrade would be the colours & the added tool! Although I won’t see the SIM card again after it is in my phone 🤣 

Edit: I saw the new SIM Card design with the SIM removal tool on J_PM’s post “Join us at our upcoming Launch Events! “ last month in a reply from a retired Oracle @SD08 ! 😃

nice.  Thanks @Priority 

i still believe the reason we got some free sim earlier was PM trying to clear the stock of the old one.  And there was brief time of sim delay, I guess the new one hasn't arrived yet  🙂

@Priority 

thanks for posting...but other than the addition of a sim key, looks the same. I always lose / misplace the dang key and end up using a straightened out paper clip. 🙄

@Priority  I like the new look and of course the SIM  card tool is certainly a nice touch PM you rock !:)

Priority

For anyone who is wondering what the new Public Mobile SIM Cards look like, i just purchased one from Telus and took pics of every part of it to share with The Community since I haven't seen anyone else who has done such.

The new SIM Removal tool built in is awesome!

Do you like the new & Improved design?

20230707_210912.jpg20230707_212102.jpg20230707_211057.jpg20230707_211138.jpg20230707_211348.jpg20230707_211456.jpg20230707_211556.jpg20230707_211758.jpg

@Priority 

If you are not in a rush, Canadian Cell Supplies online normally have them on sale for the same price and you can buy multiple amount.

Unfortunately, they are sold out at this time.

Priority

Now it is working to let me buy a second SIM however the price has raised to the regular $9.99 again..

Priority

Amazon currently has Public Mobile SIM Cards for $4.99, its the classic design from before the update and thats not a problem since it will still work.

However: Dilemma is i cannot purchase more than 1pc.. why won't it allow me to buy 2, 3 or even 4?

From the Amazon Description • Although sporting our classic look, these SIM cards have no issues activating on Canada’s largest mobile network. Enjoy the freedom of no contracts, no credit checks and no surprise bills.

SmartSelect_20230705_225230_Amazon Shopping.jpg

@Priority  no more $10 for two

There has been $10 for two , there has been $0 for 3 days, and $5 on Amazon (Sold by Public Mobile and not 3rd party) for sometime but everywhere is back to $10 now

And if you are planning to get new sim, it is advised to get it in person from stores or Amazon for quicker turnaround.  Here are the places you can get:

Hollister

@Priority 

That was a special price. Back to the regular price of $10. Not sure when they will have another promo on SIM cards. You can always wait for a price drop on amazon too.

Priority

I called every Telus Dealer (4L Communications) in my city this afternoon. None of them carry Public Mobile since the switch to 5G... so only the Corporate stores have them, Mobile Kninik also carrys them i learned. 

Need Help? Let's chat.