cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken phone - suspend account?

Kvee88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is broken I suspended my service with the lost/stolen phone option until I get a new one... will my credit card still be charged on autopay? Alternately If I take off autopay while my account is suspended will I get docked when I turn my service back on?

4 REPLIES 4

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about suspending your account. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

You need to make a payment before 90 days to keep your account active.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kvee88 wrote:

My phone is broken I suspended my service with the lost/stolen phone option until I get a new one... will my credit card still be charged on autopay? Alternately If I take off autopay while my account is suspended will I get docked when I turn my service back on?

Hello @Kvee88 

If you listed your account/phone lost/stolen, you WILL NOT BE CHARGED through your Autopay...so all good there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kvee88 : Take out the SIM, get or use a replacement phone, insert SIM, Resume service. No you will not get charged. The 30 day term is still running out the clock when you self-suspend. When you resume then it'll finish the term.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

When you account is in suspended mode, Autopay won't trigger so no worry about credit card being charged.

Please remember you have 90 days to reactivate the service or your account will be closed and your will loss your phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.