cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought e-sim by mistake

Alexis22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I bought a subscription with an e-sim. Realize now I don't want the e-sim as I would like to purchase a sim card tomorrow in person and need my current purchase refunded, bought a phone as a gift and also need to gift a physical sim card as well.

thanks so much!!

7 REPLIES 7

@Alexis22 it is a requirement to use the app to complete part 2 of the activation, the phone number part.  You need the app even for Physical sim.  Again, just delete it after successful activation

Alexis22

It wont let me log into my account, says I have to download the app, I don't want anything to do with the app

@Alexis22 even with physical sim card, you need the app to complete the second part of the activation. Once activation is completed, you can delete it.  

If you cannot download from app store due to region issue, sideload it

Alexis22

Do not want to download app, want physical sim card

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Wasn't the e-sim free? In any case you can get a physical sim. I wouldn't recommend purchasing from PM directly though, as they have challenges fulfilling which results in some pretty significant delays. You'd be better off trying to find one at a local Telus or Koodo store, or purchasing from Amazon.

Alexis22

It wont let me log into my account, says I have to download the app

I also don't want to start my subscription today necessarily , its a gift not needed for a couple days.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Alexis22  No worries get a new SIM card and sim  card swap the number on your my account like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1687725483322.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

adding you can see if support may credit your account for cost of esim since it was a honest accident please check with support 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.