cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought add-on , but when I try it says I don't have minutes

avneettakhar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I added a $15 add-on to make phone calls to U.K, but everytime I try to call it says I have no minutes for it and I haven't even used it yet. Any advice would be helpful, I have made this payment so want to use it.

Thanks,

Avneet

16 REPLIES 16

@avneettakhar wrote:

I just did the second step as suggested! Shows funds taken from my account? To reboot my phone, do you mean just turn on/ off?

This is meant as troubleshooting procedure, but rebooting your phone usually isn't necessary for the purposes of getting an add-on to work.

davgendron
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@avneettakhar 

Excellent!! Enjoy your calls!

avneettakhar

Thank you, it's now working!

avneettakhar

Thank you for all the help! I'm ready to go!

@avneettakhar 

You have to add the money first then buy the add on. Like a vending machine....add the coins, choose your item, press submit and take your item.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think your Purchase Add-Ons not going through,

more info for Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

and do rebooting your phone,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on

@avneettakhar wrote:

I just did the second step as suggested! Shows funds taken from my account? To reboot my phone, do you mean just turn on/ off?

Yes, or rather off/on...

avneettakhar

@avneettakhar wrote:

I did already make payment with my CC for the U.K add on at $15 as one-time payment, so not sure why it's still not working, but will see about trying your method. I contacted Public Mobile email too ,to ask about issue.

@avneettakhar   Looks like you didn't do the second step of purchasing and just added funds.  Reboot the phone after making the purchase and you should be set.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@avneettakhar : It's a non-intuitive two steps as mentioned. It seems like one selects and pays for it but all you've done is added money. Now you need to use those funds to actually buy the add-on.

davgendron

@avneettakhar 

Since you have $15 available funds, it seems that your credit card has been debited but the add-on hasn't been added yet to your account. When you click on "view payment history", can you see the $15 add-on debited?

davgendron_0-1624817896727.png

avneettakhar

I did already make payment with my CC for the U.K add on at $15 as one-time payment, so not sure why it's still not working, but will see about trying your method. I contacted Public Mobile email too ,to ask about issue.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing add-ons is a two step process.  You need to add it and then make a payment.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

@avneettakhar   Try rebooting your phone.

Edit:  So the available funds you have showing of $15 in your account are additional funds and not the funds you added to buy the add-on?  Purchasing add-ons is a two step process, first add funds and then go back and buy the add-on.

avneettakhar

Yes, I tried the +44 and it shows as add on in my account. Available .png

davgendron

@avneettakhar 

Did you just add the add-on? Have you put +44 before the number?

In your self-serve account, can you see you add-on under "My Data & Add-ons"?

davgendron_0-1624817351762.png

Need Help? Let's chat.