cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought add on but can't use it!

mmayyash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I bought the 400 min international calls add on but I cant call, it says no talk in my plan even though i already paid for it and it shows up on my account

9 REPLIES 9

@mmayyash wrote:

I want to make calls to the UAE, is that possible? if not can I get a refund?

@mmayyash  UAE is not on the list so the answer is no. SInce you are on a Province wide plan you can use the add-on for calling across Canada, US and the other countries on the list. If you still want a refund you can try to ask. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Edit: The best way to call UAE is to install Hangouts Dialer on your phone add some funds and call away. Smiley Happy

UAE is not included in the internationaI call list.

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.  Plans and add-ons are prepaid so no guarantee of a refund but you can try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hi@mmayyash Can you find UAE on this list? If not, it is not included. Unfortunately like anything prepaid, there is no refund, however the minutes will be in your account and can be used for the countries that are on the list.

mmayyash

I want to make calls to the UAE, is that possible? if not can I get a refund?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmayyash wrote:

I have unlimited provincial talk and all I wanted was extra int'l so i can make calls to other countries.

Ok...shows up on what account? Do you see it shown lower down on your overview page? Do you show at least $15 in your Available Funds?

Edit: and as above...what countries?

mmayyash

I have unlimited provincial talk and all I wanted was extra int'l so i can make calls to other countries.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@mmayyash What country are you trying to call? Only Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela are included.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmayyash wrote:

Hi I bought the 400 min international calls add on but I cant call, it says no talk in my plan even though i already paid for it and it shows up on my account

Can you otherwise make calls? What plan are you on?

What is the status of your account?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Also try adding $1 to the account and restarting.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mmayyashI am pretty sure you need talk in your plan in order to talk.. no talk = no talk functionality (even with add ons). The option is for you to change your plan. However do note, changing it before renewal time you will forfeit your prepaid amount.

Need Help? Let's chat.