cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a new phone on Public Mobile's website....

fb132
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just bought a phone from the public mobile website and when I entered my address, I noticed after my payment that my address and postal code were written automatically by my computer under the street name (for example Street name and number: 123 5th Avenue H1G 1H1 instead of simply 123 5th Avenue), will that be a problem for when the mobile gets shipped for the post office? 

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fb132   what is the problem "123 5th Avenue H1G 1H1 instead of simply 123 5th Avenue"  ?

as long as H1G 1H1 is the postal code for  123 5th Avenue, I think there is no issue

of course, you might also want to open a ticket with Mod to confirm they have the proper street name:

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@fb132 wrote:

For security reasons, I naturally put a fake adress on this post, but to answer your question, yes the postal code on my address that I had entered was the correct postal code of where I live.

I see that as nothing to worry about.  The automated sorting machines at the shipping company will sort based on postal code.  To my knowledge, the street address doesn't even get looked at until it reaches the final sorting warehouse destination.  The delivery peson is going to know that the postal code was simply entered twice on the label.   Usually, it's the credit card billing address that could possibly present an issue if there is a slight mismatch in the typing out of the address.

fb132
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For security reasons, I naturally put a fake adress on this post, but to answer your question, yes the postal code on my address that I had entered was the correct postal code of where I live.

@fb132 wrote:

So I just bought a phone from the public mobile website and when I entered my address, I noticed after my payment that my address and postal code were written automatically by my computer under the street name (for example Street name and number: 123 5th Avenue H1G 1H1 instead of simply 123 5th Avenue), will that be a problem for when the mobile gets shipped for the post office? 

I know that that is a fictional address, but I assume that the postal code that is incorrectly insserted in the street address line is correct? If so, I would not worry about it.  Also, shipping companies sort autoamtically using the postal code at the end of the address.  You should be fine.  For shipping, Public Mobile doesn't always use Canada Post. They sometimes use UPS.

Need Help? Let's chat.