cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus of 500 minutes international long distance not maintained

Lamjo7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a repeated problem of Public Mobile on the 500 minute international LD call, after a complained about your activation system. In my account profile, the free add on is there. Can you ensure my dialing out internationally such as Hong Kong is connected. It only worked once I rebooted the phone. Yesterday when I placed thecall again, the prompt said: Your call cannot be completed since you have used all your available minutes. I rebooted my phone as advised last time, but it did not work.

Note: Public Mobile must reset the phone system to ensure all customers offered with this bonus can dial internationally without further hassle. Otherwise I see it a scam only to keep your customers. 

6 REPLIES 6

@AMaulhardt wrote:

I received the 500 international long-distance minutes offer and 2 GB of free data yesterday. Unfortunately, nothing happened after accepting this offer. I wonder if this is a scam 

Not a scam. The More is Merrier campaign is off to a rocky start. If you haven't received the FREE gifts added to your account by end of Dec, the CSA's will help you get it added.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Do they appear in your account under data and add-ons ?  They are legitimate holiday freebies from PM.

AMaulhardt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the 500 international long-distance minutes offer and 2 GB of free data yesterday. Unfortunately, nothing happened after accepting this offer. I wonder if this is a scam 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lamjo7 

To call Hong Kong from Canada, dial: 011 - 852 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 011 - 852 - 8 Digit Mobile Number,

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

For holiday gift,

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lamjo7 wrote:

This is a repeated problem of Public Mobile on the 500 minute international LD call, after a complained about your activation system. In my account profile, the free add on is there. Can you ensure my dialing out internationally such as Hong Kong is connected. It only worked once I rebooted the phone. Yesterday when I placed thecall again, the prompt said: Your call cannot be completed since you have used all your available minutes. I rebooted my phone as advised last time, but it did not work.

Note: Public Mobile must reset the phone system to ensure all customers offered with this bonus can dial internationally without further hassle. Otherwise I see it a scam only to keep your customers. 

Confirm your remaining minutes in the 'my account' page in self serve.

Let us know what it is showing as 500 int'l minutes.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you dialing ?

How to call Hong Kong from Canada:

011 - Canada exit code to dial first when calling international
852 - Hong Kong country code must be dialed next
011 + 852 + Local Number
 - Overall dialing code format

Need Help? Let's chat.