cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Data is Gone!

soulmover
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received this message from public mobile on March 8, 2024.

Public Mobile here, delivering on our promise. We've successfully added the 240GB of bonus data to your account as a thank you for your continued loyalty. This bonus data will expire in 150 days. Enjoy the extra data and thank you for choosing Public Mobile.

Previously, I had 40 GB plan. I would have never been able to use this bonus data cause I never use up the 40GB monthly. I downgraded my plan to basic $15-250MB-3G thinking I would be able to use the bonus data but it's all gone.  Anyway I can get it back?

8 REPLIES 8

Tjp148

I was in a similar boat, i downgraded once about 10 days after I was awarded the 240GB and the bonus stayed, contradictory to their T's & C's, so I thought i would downgrade again and just rely on the bonus data. Guess what, the bonus data went away after the second plan downgrade, this time in line with their T's & C's. I wish they would be more consistent, BS tactics here.

Sia_1980

I did the same and my bonus is gone! Now I have to pay the extra charge to return my previous plan. It's a very cheap company. Everything is fake. 5G at the speed of 3G! Fake bonus!

jamie9919

PM should mention about that fine prints more loudly  before they moved their own aggressive decision change. customer also has a right to change the mind if they are not reserve a bonus as they mentioned as LOYATY BONUS due to their forceful changed mind. anyways I don't want bother again this company ByeBye. i will tell all my friend to leave PM account. I've been with PM more than 8 years but not anymore

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@soulmover wrote:

shoot my bad! gonna have to change the plan again

Just do not do plan change NOW or you will be immediately charged new cost.

Do 'schedule plan change' if you have to.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Changing plan results in losing loyalty bonus. Simple as that. PM DID tell everybody about it so no surprises here...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@soulmover 

There was a lot of posts from members who downgraded their plan to take advantage of the bonus data but Unfortunately you will loss the bonus once you download. It is OK if you upgrade your plan but it is gone gone gone.

soulmover

shoot my bad! gonna have to change the plan again

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@soulmover   Unfortunately it's gone.  Quoting from the FAQ about the bonus "

"The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan."

Need Help? Let's chat.