cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Data 2GB offer

tarunguptacs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I am existing customer of Public Mobile and currently using 25$ plan. I see some ongoing offer for bonus data 2GB with 35$ plan. I have also received the mail regarding that. 

I have following questions.

First question, Can I change my plan to 35$ for getting the bonus data 2G offer?

Second, The current rewards on my account will still be applicable. So what's the new deductible for every month? Right now, its 20$ every month.

Third, Hope, this bonus data 2G will be provided every month along with basic plan features. Right?

Thanks,

Tarun

20 REPLIES 20

redz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thats so unfortunate that its for new customers only.

I'm looking at upgrading from $15 to $35 and I can't qualify for that 2gb bonus. Makes zero sense.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@tarunguptacs wrote:

Hi, 

I am existing customer of Public Mobile and currently using 25$ plan. I see some ongoing offer for bonus data 2GB with 35$ plan. I have also received the mail regarding that. 

I have following questions.

First question, Can I change my plan to 35$ for getting the bonus data 2G offer? No. You'll have to activate a new account .

Second, The current rewards on my account will still be applicable. So what's the new deductible for every month? Right now, its 20$ every month.

The rewards you hold in your current account will not transfer to the new account.

Third, Hope, this bonus data 2G will be provided every month along with basic plan features. Right? Correct.

Thanks,

Tarun

@tarunguptacs  "Activate a new account" means using a new email address (alias are allowed) and you'll get a new number.

If you open a new account and close the current one, the current rewards will be lost.

@tarunguptacs 

Do you need the data? Sure it's a good deal but if you can manage on 1GB then do you really need an extra 4GB? Or look at it this way the $40/5gb plan is only $5 more if you already have $5 in rewards you won't be paying much more than if you ported out and back in again plus you would have that added expense.

Your other alternative would be to wait for holiday offers around Xmas that in the past have offered a free month credit and a 5gb bonus data add on. Combined with a CCS activation bundle you can save some real money and open up a data account that you can suspend when not needed and activate when it is needed. Use it with a dual SIM phone or hot spot the data with an older device you may have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarunguptacs wrote:

What's that 2$ reward for? 

@tarunguptacs 

For The Autopay Reward

How does it work?

Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days.

For The Loyalty Reward

How does it work?

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended.

Loyalty Reward Amount Earned

30-day plan

90-day plan

After 1 year

$1/30 days

$3/90 days

After 2 years

$2/30 days

$6/90 days

After 3 years

$3/30 days

$9/90 days

After 4 years

$4/30 days

$12/90 days

After 5 years and onwards

$5/30 days

$15/90 days

For The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10.

For The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently.

review General Reward Rules - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@tarunguptacs wrote:

you probably have $1 Loyalty reward now.  this is given after 12 months with PM

at your 2nd anniversary with PM, the loyalty reward will be up to $2

@Anonymous 

Too bad I already told the OP that information. 

tarunguptacs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarunguptacs 

you have a one option to getting 2GB Free with new plan and need to do port out your phone number to a different service provider and then port back with new PM account and plan, but for your old account you will losing all rewards. and also if don't care about rewards or phone number you can getting a new number with new email address and starting new account.

@tarunguptacs wrote:

Waiting for some offers from Public Mobile. As there is so much going on in the market with other carrier services?

Market is like this, they only give good offers to new customers.. or they make you buy new phones and give you some offer to stay for a year or two.  Since PM does not have phone subsidy, you don't even have those offer

With porting so easily done, it's not bad to jump back and forth.  But with PM, you will lost your loyal reward.  You are here since at least March 2020, you have $1 /month already and will get $2 next March

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarunguptacs wrote:

No offer for the existing customers. No Black Friday Deals!

@tarunguptacs 

for existing customers is No deals No promo, only you earn Reward...

tarunguptacs

Waiting for some offers from Public Mobile. As there is so much going on in the market with other carrier services?

@tarunguptacs 

You'll have to port out your phone number to a different service provider and then port back into a new PM account and plan.

If you do that then you'll lose all your current rewards, promotions and money in your current account. Just so you know.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

unfortunately, you can't port from public mobile to public mobile.   So this would not be feasible.

tarunguptacs

To avail this 2GB bonus data offer, Can i use my current phone number and maybe register with different email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarunguptacs 

Terms and conditions,

* Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.

for more info about new activate, Here link,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@tarunguptacs   the promo is for NEW Activation only.   Won't work for existing customers.  Sorry 

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tarunguptacs 

The promo currently going on, the addition 2Gb of data, is for new customers. If you go the change plan feature in your account it will not be available to you.  

As for your rewards being transferable when changing plans, it depends what type of rewards.  For example if it is a friend referral, then yes.

The current 2Gb promo would be recurring every month, but unfortunately not applicable to existent customers.

tarunguptacs

No offer for the existing customers. No Black Friday Deals!

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@tarunguptacs 

Sorry you'll have to activate a new sim card and plan with a different email address to get that promotion.

You can't just switch your current plan to take advantage of that promotion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarunguptacs 

for new customers who activate online.only, 

not eligible for existing customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.