cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black listed

Gustavwind
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"I recently purchased a second-hand Samsung phone and have been paying for service. However, I discovered that the phone is blacklisted, which has prevented it from functioning properly. I would like to request a cancellation of my service and a refund for the payments made since the phone has been unable to access the network. Please advise on the necessary steps to resolve this issue."

4 REPLIES 4

Oh, so this is a NEW activation --- it wasn't obvious on the initial post where you wrote, in part, "have been paying for service" implied perhaps a more ongoing series of paying.

If you only just paid for new service, they might in fact refund this if the activation wasn't able to be completed to the SIM card.

Reach out to their customer support agents to explain the issue and you might get somewhere:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Gustavwind 

If the phone is Blacklisted, you can’t download the PM app to activate the SIM/account. You won’t be charged for service anyways.

You will only be charged once the SIM/account is activated.

Gustavwind
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t even log in to cancel the plan I made since I can’t use the phone to activate the account

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There'll be no refund available to you, @Gustavwind 

Public Mobile is a prepaid provider, they won't provide refunds.

Moreover, a blacklisted device is not something within the control or discretion of Public Mobile so perhaps you may wish to direct your efforts against the provider of the device, unless you purchased it privately, and not from a reputable seller.

Best of luck.

To 'disconnect' services:

1. sign into self-serve and toggle off the subscription status, or, 
  2. port to another mobile service provider
Need Help? Let's chat.