cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Promotion?

MyzMc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Black Friday has arrived.  Check promotions.  Nothing.  Fail.

28 REPLIES 28

zmawani

I’m going to keep my eye out, maybe around Christmas 

zmawani

Would have been nice. My brother is going to switch over, and was also hoping for a promo but I told him to switch anyway and if a better promo comes up, he can always switch /future date his plan

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Garry wrote:

Did you miss the Public Mobile BF Promo on the main page???

For current subscribers.......""Add 3GB/90Days for only $12.00""

See below for details:

Just kidding.......LOL. 🙂 

No, but I swear I saw 5GB/30 days (EDGE) for $10 -- Hey, it's dial-up speed!

paulie

Black Friday a global event !    but at PM it's crickets and tumble weeds......

@MyzMc you just proved my point

That has been on all week (go check rfd) and is in no way related to Black Friday or Cyber Monday (Videotron & Koodo actually had this offer before Fido did even, they just price matched)

That sale is on all weekend as well. Anything selling promo on Sat/Sun is not a limited release price drop for first X thousand clients

A Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) promotion is a 1 (or 2) day only special sale

Like the $29, $15, $50 dollar plans which people hold onto forever or sell on Kijiji for hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars after the fact

Public's $29 plan was probably the greatest plan of all time and will never be replicated by any carrier again. Ever.

Mobilicity is really the only carrier who routinely had flash sales (and they are no more)

@MyzMc wrote:

Fido:

"

Get 3GB for as low as $45/ mo!

For a limited time get an EXTRA 2GB data bonus and save $10 off for 12 months on plans starting at $55. Don’t wait! Get it in store today

"

Every carrier has something though I agree most are tied to phone purchases.  I don't see your point, almost every single Canadian carrier has some black friday promotions (whether it includes a new contract/phone or not).  Public mobile doesn't sell phones or long-term contracts, so it would be nice to see some deals on plans.

taylor7787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

well it sounds like black friday let everyone down here at PM. We can only get our hopes up for Cyber Monday? Thoughts?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Everyone loves a good deal, there's no denying it!

Personally, I like brands that offer great value EVERY day and not just during 1 or 2 or 5 or X day flash sales, and then rip you off all year long.  I think PM falls into this category, where even the non-promo plans are still quite a good value if you fit the target market (looking for some each of talk, text, and data).  

On the retail side, I'll call out OnePlus for their #NoGames on Black Friday stance.  Their phones offer up great value every day, so they don't discount it (well I think they do by a penny, LOL) on Black Friday.  Personally I like this approach.  Yes I know, many will think I'm a shill, but actually just becoming a very loyal customer over the past 18 months.  🙂  EDIT: I should add, their accessories are relativley expensive, but it's nice to see they DO discount those on Black Friday.  For example, the Dash Charger + cable combo is on for 50% off for Black Friday.  Kudos there, as they are a bit pricey (though awesome).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Im holding out until I can find a over 5GB plan for a reasonable price. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CalvinW why not ask the mods to renew early if you run out of data?

also why did you not jump on the 4gb for 47(45 after autopay) that was available back in september i believe.

CalvinW

@stonechucker I will be saving more and have enough data to use if they offered me the Koodo promo. My dinky 6GB per 90 days barey enough to get by 

@CalvinW, I've still not gotten it either, but at the same time, I don't want it.

I'm saving $50/mo over what I had with Rogers before I wnet through Wind to get here.  And, I have more!

Wafik

@CalvinW I didn't either.  Who knows how they decided, but unless it was less successful than they hoped I see no reason why they wouldn't offer it again at some point.  Regardless, until some other carrier offers loyalty rewards like PM I doubt I will go anywhere.

I mostly hope for a good promo to recruit other people to further lower my bill.  Their plans as of right now are not attractive enough.

CalvinW

@Wafik That’s true. I’m still mad I didn’t get the Koodo promo text from PM 

Wafik

Maybe.  Or they might just do what they did before and give a better promo to try and convert us to Koodo.  Regardless, with referrals and other discounts, I'm down to $34 a month before an Community rewards so even if they raised my price $5 it would still be cheaper than almost anyone else.

MyzMc

Fido:

"

Get 3GB for as low as $45/ mo!

For a limited time get an EXTRA 2GB data bonus and save $10 off for 12 months on plans starting at $55. Don’t wait! Get it in store today

"

Every carrier has something though I agree most are tied to phone purchases.  I don't see your point, almost every single Canadian carrier has some black friday promotions (whether it includes a new contract/phone or not).  Public mobile doesn't sell phones or long-term contracts, so it would be nice to see some deals on plans.

CalvinW

@Wafik they will eventually raise the price for sure

Wafik

If there is anyone with good marketing sense at PM they will offer some kind of promo that ties in with the December 1st change in the rules for unlocking Phones.  

That said, I doubt we will see an equivalent deal to the fall promo for a long time.  I'm just happy PM hasn't tried to raise the price of my Fall Promo.  

@MyzMc no Cyber Monday is ALSO an American thing which we feebly attempt to copy

Doesn't change the fact that on Monday you will see more hardware discounts though

Post a link to any US/Canada carrier offering plan promo today or Monday if you want to attempt to prove yourself correct (you are not)

Even last year Public did NOT have a "Black Friday deal". The promo 12GB plan launched in October and was valid until November. That is why it was called the "Fall Promo"

@MyzMc wrote:

I'd look again @kav2001c.

It's still a fail. 

Cyber monday being more of a Canadian, online promotional day, does that mean we will see the promotions there instead?  I hope so, would give some credence to your response.

closng

@CalvinW wrote:

@MyzMc Everyone on the forum is backing up PM and don’t really care about future promos since they are all on the Fall promo anyway. But judging by PM’s history, they like offering promos on their own schedule. 

You got that right.. 🙂 Although, I do hope Public Mobile brings back a similar promo for those who missed out, once all the glitches in the system are worked out.

CalvinW

@MyzMc Everyone on the forum is backing up PM and don’t really care about future promos since they are all on the Fall promo anyway. But judging by PM’s history, they like offering promos on their own schedule. 

MyzMc

I'd look again @kav2001c.

It's still a fail. 

Cyber monday being more of a Canadian, online promotional day, does that mean we will see the promotions there instead?  I hope so, would give some credence to your response.

CalvinW

It’s been one year since PM had a good promo. Don’t think they will ever offer a similar one again. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MyzMc, despite Public Mobile having no black Friday offerings, that doesn't mean there aren't deals available.  You can always shop the competition.  We are not allowed to discuss this kind of stuff here as this is not a shopping forum. 

@Garry wrote:

See below for details:

Come on, April 1st is a long ways out.

@MyzMc Because Black Friday is:

1- An AMERICAN event (yes in recent years a few Canadian retailers have made psuedo sales but they are nothing alike, here we offer 10% off and call it a sale)

2- A RETAIL event (the whole purpose is watching people trample each other at local Walmarts)

Public is a Canadian online only service

No other Canadian carrier has any Black Friday sales on service either 

@MyzMc wrote:

Why do I expect a Black Friday promo?  You answered your own question.

Not entirely sure what your comment about sim card has to do with it or your third paragraph.

MyzMc

Why do I expect a Black Friday promo?  You answered your own question.

Not entirely sure what your comment about sim card has to do with it or your third paragraph.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Why would you expect a Black Friday promo?  Just because many other retailers / providers do it, doesn't mean Public Mobile will.

Public Mobile doesn't publicly share any plan for promos, UNTIL the promo is announced.  If you want the promo, you need access to a SIM card, so have a few on stand-by for yourself and your friends.

This isn't rocket science - do your research.  The first ever promo was late October last year, and however successful it was, it was dragged out forever because it was too good.

Garry

See below for details:

Need Help? Let's chat.