cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills

Turbodiesel0924
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What prepaid credit cards are the best for Public Mobile?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious , @LeePublic : Why by gar so they have. I guess they don't inform anybody when they've stopped a benefit. Oh well. I still really like Koho on my phone with Google Pay though which is my primary use of it.

@LeePublic 

Have they? I don't know as I don't use koho....I only signed up to see how easy it was and how long it takes to get the koho card. Members can check to see the current retail partners with koho.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious I thought Koho stopped doing the additional 2% cashback with Public Mobile?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Turbodiesel0924 

Vanilla visa or mastercard have probably the lowest fees but most visa or m/c gift cards will work as long as they have an expiry date and a CVV # on the back. Just use the same address as you have on the account as the card billing address. Even some promotional visa gift cards will work like the kelloggs cereal promotional visa gift cards.

Another commonly used card used by members is a koho card. Koho is a virtual bank w/o fees on a regular koho visa/debit card that takes 5 minutes to sign up for and 5 business days to arrive. The easiest way to sign up is to choose "for savings" and use a referral code (I can give you a list of members to private message if you need one.) for an additional 1% cashback on top the regular 0.5%. Public mobile payments get an additional 2% cashback.

If you just need a card to register for autopay and recieve the $2 reward but intend to pay with vouchers I can give you the card details of visa or m/c gift card with a $0.10 balance remaining that you can register. Private message me if you are interested.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

There's also on-line payment vouchers from Recharge.com or Ding.com...they do have a small user fee though ($5...I think)

I would not call $5 user fee 'small'?!?!

@Meow    Yeah, I wouldn't call that fee "small" either.  I think it's outrageous but I'm not sure if it's percentage based or a flat fee.

@hairbag1 wrote:

There's also on-line payment vouchers from Recharge.com or Ding.com...they do have a small user fee though ($5...I think)

I would not call $5 user fee 'small'?!?!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Turbodiesel0924 wrote:

What prepaid credit cards are the best for Public Mobile?

You can also just use payment vouchers that are readily available at most retail outlets like 7-11 or London Drug in the west.

If you're in the GTA...have a look at Canadian Cell Supplies, they usually have good deals on payment vouchers...https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/20-off-on-100-top-up-public-mo...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Turbodiesel0924 

Visa Debit will work.

Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can get prepaid Visas from your bank or a vanilla visa or you can go to corner store and gas stations and just buy a top up card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Turbodiesel0924...most any prepaid card will work as long as it's Cdn.

Need Help? Let's chat.